AFC Wildcard: #5 Browns @ #4 Texans

NeptunePenguins

Who wins?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

7 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Joe Flacco isn't what you have to worry about. Now, I know CJ Stroud and he plays his best when the stage is the biggest. So Im sure he will have something to say in this game,  just hopefully not too much lol

Isn't the defense way better at home then on the road? Cj will outplay flaccid in the big game

It's going to be rather interesting.  Browns beat the Texans bad in this stadium a few weeks ago but the Texans had Davis Mills and Case Keenum starting.  Going to be interesting to see Stroud go against this defense.  Texans CANNOT let Amari Cooper go off on them again for them to have a shot.  Draft pick comes to play this game too.  If the Texans win the Browns pick they own will be higher than the one they are going to give Arizona. 

I'm going to the game.  I'm hyped!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

It's going to be rather interesting.  Browns beat the Texans bad in this stadium a few weeks ago but the Texans had Davis Mills and Case Keenum starting.  Going to be interesting to see Stroud go against this defense.  Texans CANNOT let Amari Cooper go off on them again for them to have a shot.  Draft pick comes to play this game too.  If the Texans win the Browns pick they own will be higher than the one they are going to give Arizona. 

I have a feeling this game is going to come down to how dominant the Browns defense can be against Houston's offense. As fun as their offense is right now with Flacco, I don't want to rely on improbable performances to win games.

If CJ shreds and the Texans are feeling themselves they could win. If the Browns defense shows up to prove a point in one of 'those' type of games where everyone is firing off the line and CJ has 1.75 seconds per drop back--it could be a long day for Houston.

Could see this one going either way. Depends on what version of each unit shows up.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 2

The only think Flacco needs to do is remember he has a solid defense. In the playoffs he should game manage a bit more to avoid the pics. But you get what you get with Flacco he's going to let the ball fly. 

17 hours ago, DrewPaul said:

The only think Flacco needs to do is remember he has a solid defense. In the playoffs he should game manage a bit more to avoid the pics. But you get what you get with Flacco he's going to let the ball fly. 

Yeah I want him to continue airing it out. We can live by the big play and die by it, but I'd rather die by it than play conservatively. If we're going to win the Super Bowl (which I totally understand is pie in the sky), we need Flacco to be tossing the ball for 250-300+ every game moving forward.

Might it be enough to eek out a win vs. Houston with him managing the game? Maybe. But it won't be enough against the big boys.

5 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Yeah I want him to continue airing it out. We can live by the big play and die by it, but I'd rather die by it than play conservatively. If we're going to win the Super Bowl (which I totally understand is pie in the sky), we need Flacco to be tossing the ball for 250-300+ every game moving forward.

Might it be enough to eek out a win vs. Houston with him managing the game? Maybe. But it won't be enough against the big boys.

This. It'd be one thing if we had Chubb who we could just feed the ball. But feeding Ford isn't going to work most of the time.

I loved CJ coming in to the season so I have been rooting for Houston all year and they are playing the browns so I really want them to win.

But I am worried about how good the browns are playing with Flacco at the helm. 

lets go!!!!

Texans 24

Browns 20

On 1/9/2024 at 11:31 AM, Texansfan713 said:

The halftime show lined up - Bun B, Paul Wall, Slim Thug and Mike Jones (who? MIKE JONES) is actually pretty damn good. 

I'd go for the show alone. Who needs football? 😅

• Like 1