2024 Eagles mock draft's and discussion

2 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:
11 hours ago, babyatemydingo said:

I hate trading down.
Get one player now for this team.
Hopefully get another.

Populating the roster with "can be's" is a waste of time.
Backfill the team with later picks.

Depends on the situation.  Howie has typically done best when he has traded up in the 1st Rd though.  There's definitely no reason to force a pick if their board gets decimated.

Trading out of the 1st round and only getting a future 3rd out of it would be lame. Trade up or take BPA at 22, unless someone offers a 2nd or better for us to move down.

6 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I think he's more early day 3 kind of guy that looks better than he is because this class is devoid of 260+ pound pass rushers.

I mean he would be great value in day 3, I just don't see him dropping out of the 3rd round.  Someone will take a shot on him with his traits.

Just now, CasperX22 said:

I mean he would be great value in day 3, I just don't see him dropping out of the 3rd round.  Someone will take a shot on him with his traits.

In this class, probably, in a better DL class- He's a 4th rounder.

4 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Trading out of the 1st round and only getting a future 3rd out of it would be lame. Trade up or take BPA at 22, unless someone offers a 2nd or better for us to move down.

Yeah I'm not in love with that trade down scenario.  The Eagles need to get someone that is going to be able to play a significant role at a minimum day 1 with that 1st pick whether it is CB, oline, or any other positions.

My Ringo expectations are a notch or two higher than my Rodgers expectations. I expect Ringo to legitimately compete for a starting corner spot. Rodgers is a guy I look at as whatever we get from him is gravy. Could he surprise and somehow take control of a starting spot? Sure. But I certainly don't expect that.

22 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

The answer is yes.  Brings up an interesting discussion.  Cooper DeJean, or Surtain?

The easy and simple answer is Surtain.  Proven All Pro but going to need a massive contract. 

The smart answer is DeJean. Rookie contract on a team with numerous massive contracts already but a complete unknown in the NFL.

It's would cost way more then #22 and a 5th IMO. To be clear.

Edited by Nabbs4u

25 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

The answer is yes.  Brings up an interesting discussion.  Cooper DeJean, or Surtain?

It's not even a question. Surtain. If you can get a player like Surtain for a 1st and a 5th? That's like just taking him as your first round pick, at that point sure yeah you're giving him a big deal, but he's an All-Pro player.

37 minutes ago, Danger said:

It's not even a question. Surtain. If you can get a player like Surtain for a 1st and a 5th? That's like just taking him as your first round pick, at that point sure yeah you're giving him a big deal, but he's an All-Pro player.

It's not quite that simple.  Who do we end up losing in the next year or 2 because we have to hand out that contract?  It's an interesting debate.  That said for a 1st and 5th you're stealing Surtain. My guess is 2 1sts or a 1st and a 2nd would be what it would cost at minimum.