2024 Titans HC Coaching Search

KingTitan

3 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Hamilton, Madibuke and Queen all developed under him. He’s got 60 sacks on a defense with edge rushers led by Clowney and Kyle Van Noy. Every coach needs good players but it’s not like they have a bunch of hall of famers out there.

Yeah. Great stuff by him no doubt. Coaching and development. .

Not hall of famers. 

Not scrubs. 😀

6 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

i despise everything about interviewing Dan Quinn

I can make a case about any other candidate for the positive. I could be ok with literally any of the other guys. 

If Ran allows his previous relationship with Quinn to sway his decision, I will lose faith in him too. 

I'd lose any faith I have in this team moving forward and I say with all honesty, I'd doubt if I would continue passionately watch and follow this team. 

I don't say that in jest or overreaction. 

Edited by KingTitan
  • Like 4

Just now, KingTitan said:

I can make a case about any other candidate for the positive. I could be ok with literally any of the other guys. 

If Ran allows his previous relationship with Quinn to sway his decision, I will lose faith in him too. 

I'd lose any faith I have in this team moving forward and I say will all honesty, I'd doubt if I would continue passionately watch and follow this team. 

I would definitely get sucked in and watch the team as if we had Sean McVay running the show, but hiring Quinn would really really piss me off.

I just don't see anything redeeming about him as a HC. Very good DC, but that's it.

A retread is the last thing this team needs.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I would definitely get sucked in and watch the team as if we had Sean McVay running the show, but hiring Quinn would really really piss me off.

I just don't see anything redeeming about him as a HC. Very good DC, but that's it.

A retread is the last thing this team needs.

He had Keith Carter on his Atlanta staff! 

The only great thing he did was bring Shanahan in, who in turn brought in his buddies and took them to San Francisco soon as he got a HC job. 

Quinn was carried by Kyle to a Super bowl. 

22 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I'd lose any faith I have in this team moving forward and I say with all honesty, I'd doubt if I would continue passionately watch and follow this team. 

need the guy to tell us it ain't happening asap lmao 😭

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

need the guy to tell us it ain't happening asap lmao 😭

Only thing that gives me solace is that a lot of other teams are giving 2nd in person interviews too. Making me feel like this new hiring timeline really carries into the Bye week before the Super Bowl. 

44 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

MacDonald is a great DC. But Baltimore's defense isn't bare of talent. Lol 

Madibuke. Patrick Queen. Roquan Smith. Kyle Hamilton.

To lesser degree Clowney. Pierce.

He is missing corners but as we know great pressure makes for better corners. 

He is being phenomenal in getting them all together. But that cupboard isn't bare. Lol 

29 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Hamilton, Madibuke and Queen all developed under him. He’s got 60 sacks on a defense with edge rushers led by Clowney and Kyle Van Noy. Every coach needs good players but it’s not like they have a bunch of hall of famers out there.

This I think is a key point.  The Titans spent draft capital on guys that were consensus high end talent on defense: Farley you can forgive him on because injuries, but on the field, he hasn't developed.  Rice stayed in the doghouse for unknown reasons. Kristian Fulton never got any better than like his sophomore season.  McCreary looks to be the same guy he was as a rookie.

We've spent an absurd amount of capital at CB for it to be our weakest defensive position every year.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Only thing that gives me solace is that a lot of other teams are giving 2nd in person interviews too. Making me feel like this new hiring timeline really carries into the Bye week before the Super Bowl. 

Yea. Maybe, also, because he has ties to him he would feel messed up not bringing him in for a second. Who knows. 

Hiring Quinn would really pop a hole in the tires of my excitement. It just makes not sense to go Quinn.

My body is ready for off season though. Divisional round ending really has the feel of the season being over. Lets get to getting better. ready to see who this coach is.

In my mind. Thoma Brown and Callahan are interviewing in the same room together to develop an offense lol

While Brown is the OC and Callahan is HC. 

What if it was reversed lol 

Edited by KingTitan

47 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

I'm hoping we don't let Callahan leave today without a contract. If we let him leave town, we run the risk of losing him. As the picture of the candidates has become clearer, he's clearly the best option for us IMO. 

you don't just CANCEL on a guy like Dan Quinn when he's scheduled to interview 48 hours after two better candidates both meet w/ the team!!!!