The Unpopular Opinion Thread

5 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Leno is still under contract for another season. 

True and I guess there is a fair amount of dead cap. But if we resign lucas on top of that it would be fairly contrarian.  The issue is we are stuck with wylie too.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, offbyone said:

True and I guess there is a fair amount of dead cap. But if we resign lucas on top of that it would be fairly contrarian.  The issue is we are stuck with wylie too.  

Do the thing that Bieniemy/Ron should’ve done last year.

Move Wylie to LG, start Lucas at RT.

Draft a C to compete w/ Stromberg, draft an OG & OT to develop in R2 & 3.

On 1/9/2024 at 11:05 PM, taylor made said:

Unpopular opinion: Sam Howell will be out of the NFL in 3 years

Unpopular opinion: Eric Bieniemy will get a Head Coach or OC position someplace else and be successful. 

Always trying to start sumpin 😂 

• Like 1

On 1/10/2024 at 12:36 PM, lavar703 said:

Unpopular opinion: I would move on from Forbes now. I would package him in a trade to move back up to the first round with one of our seconds or I'd see if the Bears would take him in a move up to 1. 

Unpopular opinion: @taylor made is not sending Sam Howell a Birthday gift this year

What team is doing that trade?

15 hours ago, offbyone said:

Good thread @Slappy Mc.  Contrarian opinions are good to consider.

What about resign and retain both Leno and Lucas.  

I would re-sign Lucas & he may re-sign here bc the next OC won’t be biased and just give Wylie the RT job. 

Lucas is in his 30s though and might look to sign as a back up with a chance to compete w/ a playoff teams OTs to win a job. Like if in him, I see if the Chiefs will sign me before re-signing here or the Jets, the Browns, 49ers or Rams

I just posted something in our HC/GM thread, but Mike McDonald deserves serious consideration for the head coaching job, especially when you consider how effectively he shut down the offenses of the coordinators that are generating so much buzz around the league now.  

6 hours ago, turtle28 said:

What team is doing that trade?

Not sure but I’d at least try. I mean, we have 36 so if someone is falling and are still available in the 20s of the first round I’d include him and see if they’d drop down a few spots. Probably have to add a mid rounder to it as well. One of our thirds. 

7 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Not sure but I’d at least try. I mean, we have 36 so if someone is falling and are still available in the 20s of the first round I’d include him and see if they’d drop down a few spots. Probably have to add a mid rounder to it as well. One of our thirds. 

There needs to be a target of who we’d want for me, like one of the OL who we feel may get taken, a DE that may get taken or if we want to go CB, LB or TE with someone we love.

I don’t love Forbes, I would’ve traded up to make sure we got Brockerick Jones or taken Christian Gonzalez but I’m also not ready to give up on any player just after a rookie season.

Forbes has the skills, he just needs to not gamble as much and play better with his technique all of the time. They also isolated him often vs other teams #1’s leaving him on an island. That was an awful plan by Del Rio. 

One thing is for sure, he needs to get stronger. Preferably, put on 10 pounds as well but at the least he needs to just get stronger. The dude is a stick, and just off that alone he had no business going in R1 which a lot of us believed. I will never get over how skinny his legs are. His legs look like a long distance African runners. 😂 

It looks like he never did a damn squat, quad/hamstring extension or the leg press in his life. That has to change.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

On 1/13/2024 at 10:42 PM, turtle28 said:

Do the thing that Bieniemy/Ron should’ve done last year.

Move Wylie to LG, start Lucas at RT.

Draft a C to compete w/ Stromberg, draft an OG & OT to develop in R2 & 3.

That would certainly be an improvement.  Although I would prefer to see Wylie sit on the bench unless there is an injury :)

On 1/15/2024 at 2:34 AM, offbyone said:

That would certainly be an improvement.  Although I would prefer to see Wylie sit on the bench unless there is an injury :)

It’s either do that or cut him. 

Edited by turtle28

3 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Doesn’t hurt to see if he can play G, If he surprises us then great if not like @MKnight82 said he can be on some other teams bench. 

Wylie was drafted to be a guard. I mentioned this after the Browns preseason game when he couldn’t block Zadarius Smith.

He was a guard for the Chiefs on one of their Super Bowl seasons and when they went and lost to the Rams.

He’s a guard that the Chiefs moved to RT & we stupidly paid him like a good RT bc Bieniemy wanted him. 

Move him to his natural position of guard & upgrade the RT position in the draft/FA and also re-sign Lucas if he’ll re-sign here.

• Like 1