New OC Candidates - Workin towards Waldron (pg 18)

StLunatic88

56 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I assumed when he wasn’t hired right away, that he wasn’t interested. 

He would make the best hire we could have hoped for, and are honestly lucky that Seattle decided to blow everything up.

Will be very interested to see how he fills out the rest of the staff. 

I would say Waldron alone doesn’t really tip the scales on what we do at QB like some others would have 

My thoughts as well.  Waldron seems like a good choice for either scenario, which is probably why they chose him.  

I'm not convinced the shanahan scheme is he best fit for either caleb or Fields, but this guy was probably the top hire for that scheme that we interviewed, and basically single handedly responsible for turning Genos career around recently. 

Eager to see what he can do for us

Edited by Epyon

I wonder how NFL coordinators  handle personal affairs with having to move so often.  

You don’t want to buy and sell a house every year or even every two to three years.  That isn’t economical.  

They work like 80 hour weeks so really they really just need a place to crash.   I would rent a condo or apt. nearby facility and keep a permanent house.

But then you have to decide where does your family live? With you or at the house?  They aren’t going to see you much anyway so they may want to stay at permanent house (which is crappy part about the job).  It’s a tough call.  

It also takes a lot of trust in your wife and probably puts a lot of strain in a marriage in a number of ways.   Military families have to deal with it too.  

1 hour ago, Epyon said:

I'm not convinced the shanahan scheme is he best fit for either caleb or Fields, but this guy was probably the top hire for that scheme that we interviewed, and basically single handedly responsible for turning Genos career around recently. 

Eager to see what he can do for us

Agreed with the bolded part

He was the most experienced playcaller they interviewed from that scheme and he keeps things a little more consistent with what the offense is already used to

That said I don't think this hire means anything one way or another for if they keep JF or draft Caleb 

Now if it were Roman or Kingsbury being hired I think it would be pretty obvious but Waldron keeps things open 

I dig this hire. I remember watching a few Seahawks games and came away impressed with some of the things they did on offense. Waldron seems like a pretty innovative guy

We'll see how it goes 

Edited by topwop1
Spelling

5 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Agreed with the bolded part

He was the most experienced playcaller they interviewed from that scheme and he keeps things a little more consistent with what the offense is already used to

That said I don't think this hire means anything one way or another for if they keep JF or draft Caleb 

Now if it were Roman or Kingsbury being hired I think it would be pretty obvious but Waldron keeps things open 

I dig this hire. I remember watching a few Seahawks games and came away impressed with some of the things they did on offense. Waldron seems like a pretty innovative guy

We'll see how it goes 

Personally I'm hoping this offseason is nothing but headfakes and confusion, with fans and media constantly flip flopping on what's going on. Like tomorrow they announce Roman gets hired as QB coach and everyone thinks "It's Fields, mates!" and then on Wednesday they hire Kingsbury as Executive QB coach and every buys a Williams jersey. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Bwahahaa,  I appreciate that he shares some insight from yesteryear, but yeesh, that guy.

He’s such a curmudgeon.  Like i get that he’s done a job we’d all dream of.  But he can express that experience without being such an ***.

1 minute ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Personally I'm hoping this offseason is nothing but headfakes and confusion, with fans and media constantly flip flopping on what's going on. Like tomorrow they announce Roman gets hired as QB coach and everyone thinks "It's Fields, mates!" and then on Wednesday they hire Kingsbury as Executive QB coach and every buys a Williams jersey. 

Then we trade fields before the draft.  Then trade down to 1.3 and draft Daniels.  Then after the draft trade to get fields back.

i would step down as mod.

Just now, CBears019 said:

He’s such a curmudgeon.  Like i get that he’s done a job we’d all dream of.  But he can express that experience without being such an ***.

His high-horse act is especially funny when he talks about QB prospects having never drafted a great QB.