New OC Candidates - Workin towards Waldron (pg 18)

StLunatic88

Interesting how the make up of the coaching staff has changed to be so offence focused with a 10/6 split removing the quality controls...also blatant that the offensive staff is being set up to get as much support around a rookie QB as possible.

19 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Fant is a different type of TE…why I said Parkinson is because they use him a ton of ways in pass pro.

I think Fant is what we need as a TE2, he's more of an F than Cole Kmet (Y).

If you want a blocking TE you can bring Marcedes Lewis back on a cheap deal.

Otherwise, if Parkinson is cheap, why not. But he's TE3.

5 hours ago, G08 said:

I think Fant is what we need as a TE2, he's more of an F than Cole Kmet (Y).

If you want a blocking TE you can bring Marcedes Lewis back on a cheap deal.

Otherwise, if Parkinson is cheap, why not. But he's TE3.

Given how heavily Waldron used TEs in Seattle the #3 will play a lot so that would be a solid fit…can see us carrying 4 this year

4 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Given how heavily Waldron used TEs in Seattle the #3 will play a lot so that would be a solid fit…can see us carrying 4 this year

Is there something out there showing their frequency of use for personnel groupings? If so I haven’t seen it. Here are SEA’s skill position offensive snap counts from last season:

IMG-4667.jpg

Looking at the percentages it seems they had a RB on the field for basically every play, and with those WR percentages (DK missed 1 game) it looks like they were 13 most of the time with 22 next most common, but they rotated their TEs a lot. The question there then becomes, did they do that because they wanted to, or because the ones they had were all really just good at one thing? None of those guys has a skill set like that of Kmet where he’s a solid receiving option and also a really good blocker for the position. TE2 will unquestionably get a lot of run - I’m just wondering if TE3 will get less run here due to the versatility in skill set of our TE1 compared to that of Fant. 

45 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Is there something out there showing their frequency of use for personnel groupings? If so I haven’t seen it. Here are SEA’s skill position offensive snap counts from last season:

IMG-4667.jpg

Looking at the percentages it seems they had a RB on the field for basically every play, and with those WR percentages (DK missed 1 game) it looks like they were 13 most of the time with 22 next most common, but they rotated their TEs a lot. The question there then becomes, did they do that because they wanted to, or because the ones they had were all really just good at one thing? None of those guys has a skill set like that of Kmet where he’s a solid receiving option and also a really good blocker for the position. TE2 will unquestionably get a lot of run - I’m just wondering if TE3 will get less run here due to the versatility in skill set of our TE1 compared to that of Fant. 

Not that I know of…I used the same site as you too see those TEs play a lot 😂

• Like 1

Something else that has gone under the radar is the hiring of Matt Pees...Dan's son comes from a scheme that couldn't be more different to what we run...the fact Flus is willing to add all sorts of people to his staff in order to help round out his defence and look at some of the other defences around the league is a really good move...

I love the fact he have a far bigger staff this year.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Something else that has gone under the radar is the hiring of Matt Pees...Dan's son comes from a scheme that couldn't be more different to what we run...the fact Flus is willing to add all sorts of people to his staff in order to help round out his defence and look at some of the other defences around the league is a really good move...

I love the fact he have a far bigger staff this year.

"Waldron's ability to adjust" aka not getsy

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

He throws a lot of shade for a HC, although he was very complimentary of the defensive play caller most of last season.

He does, but not really until someone is either gone or about to be gone. 

20 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

"Waldron's ability to adjust" aka not getsy

hey now, Getsy made adjustments. Sometimes he would call the screen on 2nd and long and other times he would wait until 3rd and long to call it and other times still he would do both. The most unpredictable man in the league

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

He does, but not really until someone is either gone or about to be gone. 

1 hour ago, HuskieBear said:

probably because he was.....oh wait i see what you did there

The man has his personal reasons for the way he does things!

• Like 1