LIONS COORDINATORS AND HEAD COACHING CANDIDATES (NE,LV, TEN, LAC, CAR, ATL, SEA, WAS - ALL TEAMS FILLED!)

Karnage84

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/falcons-complete-interview-with-aaron-glenn

Glenn also is scheduled to interview with the Titans, Commanders and Chargers.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/panthers-complete-interview-with-ben-johnson

Johnson is viewed as a favorite for the Carolina job but also was viewed as a favorite last year before he announced he was withdrawing from consideration and staying in Detroit.

HIRED

• New England: Jerod Mayo, NE DC
  • Las Vegas: Antonio Pierce - Interim tag has been removed
  • Tennessee: Bengals OC Bryan Callahan
  • LA Chargers: Jim Harbaugh, Michigan HC
  • Carolina: Dave Canales, TB OC
  • Atlanta: Raheem Morris, LAR DC/ex-TB HC

Looking at the open jobs and the rumours surrounding them

OPEN

1. Washington: The Commanders have just hired Adam Peters to be their next GM. There are some rumours circulating that the Commanders job is Ben Johnson's to lose. He doesn't have a direct connection to Peters. Candidates Bobby Slowik (Houston OC); Mike Lafleur (LA Rams OC); and Steve Wilks (San Fran DC) all do. 
  2. Seattle: Dan Quinn seems to be a favourite but this is still very much in the works. Mike Vrabel is another one in the mix here. 
Edited by Karnage84

Can you imagine a couple of years ago telling someone that Bill Belichick would be available as a head coach and that he might not be considered the favorite for any of the 8 openings? 

I get that New England went downhill the last couple of years, and you're probably only getting him for 4 or 5 more years...but man...most of these guys are going to get fired by then anyway.

There are like 10 NFL head coaches total that have been with their team for more than 4 years. 

• Like 2

“It is very possible that the Detroit Lions go into next season, whenever this season ends, needing two new coordinators,” Rapoport said while Pelissero added, “Also worth noting Lions offensive line coach Hank Fraley could end up following Johnson wherever he goes as Johnson’s offensive coordinator.”

https://www.si.com/nfl/commanders/news/washington-commanders-coach-search-ben-johnson-could-already-have-offensive-coordinator-on-board-hank-fraley

Don't like this at all.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

I fully expect Ben Johnson to poach a few guys if he heads to Washington. He'd want someone that agrees with his offensive style so Fraley makes a lot of sense. I kind of think that Ben going to Washington is a done deal. That's why we haven't really heard anything from them looking at other coaches.

The other guy I could see being their HC is Eric B getting promoted from within. If that happens I think Ben stays in Detroit for another year. I think Mike Macdonald will end up in Seattle.

• Like 1