Best fan bases in the NFL?

SpanosPayYourRent

1 minute ago, Insomniac99 said:

I misstyped. That's what I meant. There's no way in hell that 30% of the Bills fans that go to games are from Toronto. 

The vast majority of those buses are from Canada.  It's hard to notice who we are as we are all decked out in Bills gear.  

And I kinda misstyped too... when I say Toronto, I really mean Greater Toronto Area.  

Just now, areksoo said:

The vast majority of those buses are from Canada.  It's hard to notice who we are as we are all decked out in Bills gear.  

And I kinda misstyped too... when I say Toronto, I really mean Greater Toronto Area.  

Here's an article saying that around 17% of the fans that come to games in Buffalo are from Southern Ontario(supported at this site as well). And I'd be willing to bet at least half of the Canadian fans that come down are coming from Niagara and Hamilton.

That would put those numbers at closer to 8% coming from the GTA. 

Well, as a Giants' fan, I'm going to nominate the fan base of the Green Bay Packers!!

They've sold out every home game (the frozen tundra of Lambeau Field!) since The Spanish-American War; they have a waiting list to get on the waiting list (or something) to buy season tickets; they fill the stadium to SRO and holler their heads off when it's colder than the summit of Mount Everest; and (site-specific kudos coming!) their posters on Football's Future have always been fair-minded and decent with me, when the Giants and the Packers play.

Green Bay gets my vote.

Image result for Green Bay Packers

3 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

I don’t take this topic seriously. But nooooooooo. No they don’t. Some teams home games might as well be road games. And I live in Florida. It’s amazing how all these Jaguars fans suddenly popped up. Flashbacks of how many Bucs fans came out of nowhere in 02

What are you seriously expecting? We havent had a winning season since 2007. We are one of the smallest markets in the NFL. That doesn't equate to high end attendance, especially when the team is bad and was run poorly for several years and you had to watch Blaine Gabbert man the QB spot and see players come here for "vacations". 

Jaguars fans have always been there. 

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

What are you seriously expecting? We havent had a winning season since 2007. We are one of the smallest markets in the NFL. That doesn't equate to high end attendance, especially when the team is bad and was run poorly for several years and you had to watch Blaine Gabbert man the QB spot and see players come here for "vacations". 

Jaguars fans have always been there. 

Where have they been hiding?15 years in FL I’ve met like 5 of them before this year 

Just now, DontTazeMeBro said:

Where have they been hiding?15 years in FL I’ve met like 5 of them before this year 

So because you personally have had a limited amount of discussions/seen people wearing Jaguars gear that means that they are no where to be found? 

Come on...

5 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

So because you personally have had a limited amount of discussions/seen people wearing Jaguars gear that means that they are no where to be found? 

Come on...

Well....Yeah. Probably. When I go to Virginia I don’t have any problem finding Redskins fans. Or Ravens fans in Maryland. Or Titans fans in Tennessee. Really any state (insert team) other than this one. But I could open my door and throw a rock and hit a Gators, Seminoles, or Hurricanes fan. I seriously think the Patriots might have the biggest fan base in this state outside of the actual cities the NFL teams play in 

Just now, DontTazeMeBro said:

Well....Yeah. Probably. When I go to Virginia I don’t have any problem finding Redskins fans. Or Ravens fans in Maryland. Or Titans fans in Tennessee. Really any state (insert team) other than this one. But I could open my door and throw a rock and hit a Gators, Seminoles, or Hurricanes fan. I seriously think the Patriots might have the biggest fan base in this state outside of the actual cities the NFL teams play in 

This doesn't prove anything. Basically you're  argument is because you don't run into them wherever you live in Florida that means they are a bad fan base. That seems pretty narrow minded to me.

I live in Iowa and have met more Jaguars fans than you are saying you've met in Florida. I've run into about 8-10 of them in just my past few years here in college. There's Jaguars followings through the Bold City Brigade (a Jaguars fan group) in multiple locations all over the US and London. 

Trust me, there's a loyal following of Jaguars fans and it didn't JUST start this year.

These threads never end well, but Ill just say this.    Fans in warmer weather climates seem to "give up" on their team easier.     Maybe its not necessarily giving up, but they decide there is more to do than just sit around during the winter months watching a losing team....while fans of colder weather teams dont always have as many options....especially depending what cold weather city they are in.   Im not from Pittsburgh and Ive never actually lived in the city, but that city is a diehard football town, but part of it is because, especially when it gets colder, there isnt much better to do.

Every team has good fans and every team has bad fans.      Having been to many different NFL regions and cities, I DO have an opinion on certain teams fans, but I wont go any further.    The two best experiences Ive had with fans was in Kansas City and, very surprisingly, Baltimore....although a friend of mine had a different experience, but like I said, every fanbase has great fans and some idiots.   

Archived