Off-Season 2024-"Peters" built

19 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I really hope we bring Curl back. 

If he wants want McKinney got, he can walk. He ain't worth it. Just my opinion. I love the guy. Been beating the drum all year for him, but he isn't that dude, yet.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Oh F***!

Slappy?

Come on man. Please watch the language (even if *** out). We let a lot slide but this one was kinda obvious and egregious.

But yes, I agree with your assessment.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Hang in there buddy. Believe it or not, IMO, each guy signed is a big improvement so far. Adding talent to the roster is a welcome addition to me.

We are already more active than quite a few believed we would be. Three players (all starters) before FA truly begins.

This is where I'm at as well. I love the Luvu signing. I love the Ekeler signing. We also added a starting DE and starting C. We've filled 4 holes and FA hasn't even technically started. This allows us to move anywhere we want to get BPA in the 2nd and 3rd rounds without reaching for these positions.

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

We haven’t signed a Cody Barton yet 

Or a Thomas Davis. We're not getting "meh" players or formerly great players who are ready for retirement like Rivera did. We're getting good players who are (mostly - since I haven't seen all their ages) fairly young and can be with us for years to come.

1 hour ago, taylor made said:

Not sure I understand 29 year old Austin Ekeler. Fell off last year with 3.5 ypc. I'm ok with it depending on the contract. We need a 3rd down back badly and this RB draft class was rather weak. 

2023 was a bad year for him. Which is why we got him for fairly cheap. But look at this production the last few years before it. IIRC noone had more TDs than he had and he also chipped in a good amount of rushing yards AND set the Chargers single season receiving record.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Ian Rapoport 

Sources: The #Patriots are re-signing versatile OL Michael Onwenu, one of their cornerstone players, to a 3-year, $57M deal including $38M guaranteed. A clear priority for New England, he gets a $22.5M signing bonus.

Who will be playing LT and RT for us?

GRRRR....This was one of the guys I would've liked for us to get.

5 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

It just sucks that we spent a 3rd rounder on a guy that will likely be a flex backup interior Olineman his entire tenure with us. 

I agree.  I liked Biadasz and thought we should pick him up in draft 4 years ago, but he is of the same pedigree as Stromberg.  He has been a good player, but seems to have leveled out at good.  

But you can bet on one thing, they made this move not necessarily because they don't have hopes for Stromberg, but because they are planning to draft a QB and want a sure solid thing at center.

4 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Prepare yourselves. This is the Rivera offseason all over again lol. 

Well we got Rivera's two point men still here in Hurney and Mayhew.  What did you expect? :) 

I think too early to judge but the opening move of Zach Ertz definitely set that tone and then signing cowboys doesn't help.  Still too early to tell.

52 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Step one, fire Dan Quinn. 

He and Peters are doing fine. This roster is going to be overturned over the next two years. Look at what happened with SF. That's gonna happen here.

• Like 2

The Luvu and Ekeler signings have changed my feelings. Two very good players in my opinion. Ekeler will really help out a young QB as well plus I think he will help BRob. Luvu is just an animal!