Off-Season 2024-"Peters" built

50 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

The old helmet decal was the best in the NFL. Keep that and just make it simple rename us the “Warriors”. I believe the majority of the fans would take that all day over the Commanders. 

I agree 100% Art!

They could easily just put the old logo back on the helmet.

And still have a ton of options of a name, that isn't considered divisive, racist, derogatory in any way.

Possible Name Options

Warriors 

Bravehearts

Posse

Calvary

Warlords

And so on....

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I agree 100% Art!

And still have a ton of options of a name, that isn't considered divisive, racist, derogatory in any way.

Possible Name Options

Warriors 

Bravehearts

Posse

Calvary

Warlords

And so on....

Right It wasn’t the logo it was the name supposedly that upset people. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Right It wasn’t the logo it was the name supposedly that upset people. 

Imo, I think that will be the only way to recoup the old fans & aquire new fans through these changes.

I think the old fans (or some) would come back, with the old logo & traditional colors under a new name. There would certainly be some nastalgic feel to it.

And the new fans would come from winning & a new era.

Plus, the old logo like you said Art?

Is the best Logo in sports.

If Harris can find a way to do this? It would be brilliant.

And if they move back to RFK Stadium? (Or even build a new one near that location?)

That would be the cherry on top.

• Like 2

On 7/11/2024 at 2:27 PM, ARTMONK HOF said:

The old helmet decal was the best in the NFL. Keep that and just make it simple rename us the “Warriors”. I believe the majority of the fans would take that all day over the Commanders. 

Definitely, but I still wouldn’t put any faith in that happening sadly. I just have no faith that they’re going back to the old logo and I hate seeing fans getting their hopes up about it bc I truly believe they’re going to be disappointed.

On 7/11/2024 at 4:35 PM, RSkinGM said:

Has the name "Natives" ever been thrown out there, as in "Native" Americans ? 

I’m sure it was considered but who knows? The last process sucked so much and there was basically no fan involvement. If we change the name again I sure hope there is more fan involvement. As we all know, Commanders was on absolutely zero people’s wish list.

Warriors & RedWolves or Red something were clearly the top ones.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2024 at 3:27 PM, aceinthehouse said:

I agree 100% Art!

Possible Name Options

Warriors 

Bravehearts

Posse

Calvary

Warlords

And so on....

Also if they got one of the tribes in the DC area to endorse the new name and the old logo. That’s honestly the way to go like the Seminoles did. 

Here are some ideas on those names:

Anacostans (meh)

Nacotchtanks (meh)

Piscataways (maybe?)

Powhatans (YES!)

Cheroenhaka (Nottoway), Chickahominy

Chickahominy

Mattaponi

Monacans (YES)

Nansemond

Nottoway

Pamunkey

Patawomeck

United Rappahannock

Upper Mattaponi

Potomacs isn’t a tribe name, but I feel that could be a good name too.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I’m sure it was considered but who knows? The last process sucked so much and there was basically no fan involvement. If we change the name again I sure hope there is more fan involvement. As we all know, Commanders was on absolutely zero people’s wish list.

Yes, RedHogs was up there too--I think , snort, snort ! In fact, I originally wasn't a fan of that name but the heritage ( red and Hogs ) I've kinda come around . Great logos ! Beats the Hell of Commanders !

Edited by RSkinGM
  • Like 1

On 7/13/2024 at 9:13 AM, turtle28 said:

I’m not holding my breath for a name change, but I just want the Tanya-designed uniforms gone.  

Not that they are bad, because they aren’t, they’re average, but because that’s the last stink of them left on the team.  

The NFL is not likely to let this team change their name for a third time in a decade, but they would probably be in favor of getting those uniforms replaced. 

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I’m not holding my breath for a name change, but I just want the Tanya-designed uniforms gone.  

Not that they are bad, because they aren’t, they’re average, but because that’s the last stink of them left on the team.  

The NFL is not likely to let this team change their name for a third time in a decade, but they would probably be in favor of getting those uniforms replaced. 

Yeah, as much as I want the name to change, this is probably true but, I do wonder if they’d allow Harris as a new owner to what he wants and to change the name from a Snyder chosen name which anyone wanted. 

We’ll see

It seems ( per my limited research ) there is a 5 year rule on name changes. That pushes us out until 2027 unless Harris gets dispensation being a new owner. 

• Like 2

Just now, RSkinGM said:

It seems ( per my limited research ) there is a 5 year rule on name changes. That pushes us out until 2027 unless Harris gets dispensation being a new owner. 

Could be done with us opening a new stadium later in the decade.

2 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Another Exec added. Former Panthers G M Scott Fitterer . 

Peters is doing a good job of hiring guys that aren’t a threat to his job lol

• Like 1

On 7/15/2024 at 2:49 PM, lavar703 said:

Peters is doing a good job of hiring guys that aren’t a threat to his job lol

I don’t really see how so. This isn’t a younger hire but he’s promoted a bunch of young guys. Not just that but he’s really mixed his FO with Age and promise well. And it’s a big staff. I don’t see why it was put like that. It’s very early into this ownership group as far as learning about patience once there’s a turn around and results. But that said they’ve given Peter’s what seems to be a blank check and an open format to basically load up on staff and they are a diverse staff. I am okay with adding in another guy who’s been hire then his current spot here

• Like 1