Louis Friend

Who ya got?   

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Detroit Lions
    • Tampa Bay Buccaneers

20 minutes ago, fortdetroit said:

Delete

I missed the spicy chatter what you say? You took offense to me calling Dan a manager? Really good coach like Vrabel. But if tell me that man is x and o s brother ima call you crazy. 

18 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

I missed the spicy chatter what you say? You took offense to me calling Dan a manager? Really good coach like Vrabel. But if tell me that man is x and o s brother ima call you crazy. 

Honestly hard to say. He called the offense for the 2nd half of 2021 successfully going 3-5-1 after staring 0-8. Granted, Ben Johnson was the TE coach at the time so he was definitely around.

DC is one of the more analytical coaches in the league, which seems weird on the surface with how aggressive he is.

I think he's capable of the minutia but probably isn't some kind of wizard like McVay, Shanny or LeFluer

Edited by nagahide13
  • Like 2

I actually think the Buccs have a decent chance to win this. Goff needs a clean pocket to operate and if not, they rely on their run game. The two best things the Buccs defense does is pressure the QB and contain the run. I just think the matchup is a poor one for Detroit's offense

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Dbrog24 said:

I actually think the Buccs have a decent chance to win this. Goff needs a clean pocket to operate and if not, they rely on their run game. The two best things the Buccs defense does is pressure the QB and contain the run. I just think the matchup is a poor one for Detroit's offense

Haven’t seen a Bucs game all year. But is that’s how they typically play get pressure? Or was that just because they were playing the dead corpse of the eagles? Does their blitz get home like that? Because their leading sack leader only has 7.5.. 

We couldn’t touch Goff but when they did they made him feel it. Still ripped us with a clean pocket. 22-22 270.. without it he did bad. But the damaged had been done. Lions o line nice. 

24 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Haven’t seen a Bucs game all year. But is that’s how they typically play get pressure? Or was that just because they were playing the dead corpse of the eagles? Does their blitz get home like that? Because their leading sack leader only has 7.5.. 

We couldn’t touch Goff but when they did they made him feel it. Still ripped us with a clean pocket. 22-22 270.. without it he did bad. But the damaged had been done. Lions o line nice. 

I know going into the end of the season, they were among league leaders with forcing 24 turnovers. They were 7th in terms of opponent ypc and basically no one person has ran over 100 yards against them (I think 2 total did during the season). My guess is they are quite related. They bring the pressure a bunch which messes up run plays AND pressures the QB. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, D82 said:

Man...I knew journalism was dead, but...

It's likely a local reporter, who doesn't normally follow the NFL, forced to write a story on the Bucs. Newsrooms are almost dead, and there are plenty that don't have the manpower to cover sports 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, El Ramster said:

He’s really not. A TE and a STC.

hes tough and passionate. But Benny runs the O. He gets credit for putting him in there. Dan isn’t a X and Os guy. He’s more like the ravens coach. He has a great football feel as a former player. Don’t insult masterminds and add Campbell to the mix. He ain’t breaking down ish and running plays up in napkins. My

man just has to give the Ok for certain plays.

reported. 

True to a point. Dan has the final say. Plus the guy wouldn't be a HC if he doesn't know the X's and O's of the game...some head scratchers sure but overall decent/great. 

The thing the Lions have to worry about is the blitz. When the Rams blitzed Goff last week he was 0-5. Which Rams fans were frustrated the Rams didnt blitz more or at least didnt blitz early. They adjusted but it was in the 2nd half. The Bucs blitz early and often so Goff need to be ready. 

37 minutes ago, Manny/Patrick said:

Gage got injured early this year, odd statement

Why? He didn’t say what an amazing year he had, he said it was a good group of players. Is Jefferson not a good WR because he missed a good chunk of the season? It’s weird that people are trying to dissect his comment without refuting what he said. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Louis Friend said:

Why? He didn’t say what an amazing year he had, he said it was a good group of players. Is Jefferson not a good WR because he missed a good chunk of the season? It’s weird that people are trying to dissect his comment without refuting what he said. 

Because gage is totally irrelevant to this game. He actually implied that the Lions played against Gage this season when Gage wasn't even active.. this combined with CJGJ history of laughable trash talk, it makes him look dumb

Edited by adamq

1 hour ago, Louis Friend said:

One former SEC guy throws out another former SEC guys name from memory. 

Oh, the drama. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, adamq said:

Because gage is totally irrelevant to this game. He actually implied that the Lions played against Gage this season when Gage wasn't even active.. this combined with CJGJ history of laughable trash talk, it makes him look dumb

Well. I wouldn't call him a Rhodes scholar and he talks a ridiculous amount of trash. He gets under guys skin. (sometimes on his own team)

One of the weirder plays I can remember in NFL history;

cjgj-saints.gif

• Like 2