2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

You need your pass rush and coverage to at least both be decent but if one can be very good you want the pass rush to be very good.

But if either is a weakness it will be exploited by any NFL offense.

13 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

Can we just cut Bradberry and give Quinyon and dejean the reps they deserve early instead of doing the “these are rookies let’s have Bradberry get starting reps” bit

It's possible, but we won't here anything about it for at least a month.

17 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

Can we just cut Bradberry and give Quinyon and dejean the reps they deserve early instead of doing the “these are rookies let’s have Bradberry get starting reps” bit

If only.

Posted (edited)

Howie will wait until OTA's and or TC and try to trade JB if/when some team suffers a injury. Or he will be a Eagle.

I've always thought he was still part of Vic's "master plan" of proving his Genius, until we drafted both Mitchell and DeJean.

It's not easy to throw away $17M, even if it's not your Monopoly Money. Just saying.

For those of you wondering, James Bradberry can be designated a post June 1 release at the cost of $4.7 mil in 2024 and $12.5 mil in 2025.

Edited by Nabbs4u

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Howie will wait until OTA's and or TC and try to trade JB if/when some team suffers a injury. Or he will be a Eagle.

I've always thought he was still part of Vic's "master plan" of proving his Genius, until we drafted both Mitchell and DeJean.

It's not easy to throw away $17M, even if it's not your Monopoly Money. Just saying.

For those of you wondering, James Bradberry can be designated a post June 1 release at the cost of $4.7 mil in 2024 and $12.5 mil in 2025.

Salary Cap Now:
YVq2Gdc.png

June 1st Cut
KRSuoGM.png

June 1st Trade
5y5t4uH.png

It costs us $3M Next year, with basically zero effect in 2024, and saves us $21M in 2026.

Saves us $18M over the next couple years. No reason not to do it IMO. Ideally you do want to trade him for a bag of chips to save us an additional $1.2M this year.

2 hours ago, Danger said:

Salary Cap Now:
YVq2Gdc.png

June 1st Cut
KRSuoGM.png

June 1st Trade
5y5t4uH.png

It costs us $3M Next year, with basically zero effect in 2024, and saves us $21M in 2026.

Saves us $18M over the next couple years. No reason not to do it IMO. Ideally you do want to trade him for a bag of chips to save us an additional $1.2M this year.

If someone offers a conditional 7th I'd rush to turn that trade into the league.

22 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

The NFL really let Vic Fangio and Christian Parker get Dejean and Mitchell two guys with tons of talent that fit the scheme perfectly.

Why would they do that?

I really think DeJean could stick at corner in this system. That's where I'd put him. His click and close is really really good. Along with his route recognition, reactiveness, and run defense. Fangio runs like 70% zone. And I think some are really underselling his potential effectiveness in man coverage. He at least has the tools to be good at it. Just hasn't run a lot in that look. I'd like to see a cut-up of all of his man reps. In the sample that I've seen, I think he looks good. I think some are comparing him to these guys who run a lot of man coverage, who are like 20 pounds lighter than him. Like when you evaluate him against that backdrop, of course, he might look a little less capable of doing it. But I'd be confident in him being out there.

1 hour ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

I would also but only after they get a look in camp in this system. 

I'd definitely take a look at him out there. Let him honestly compete for it. Whoever looks the best can start.

• Like 1