2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

2 hours ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Does Slay get traded? If so Before Season or Trade Deadline? 

Considering how open Howie was to Quinyon about learning from Slay I dont think hes going anywhere. Think this is his last year with the Eagles though.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Does Slay get traded? If so Before Season or Trade Deadline? 

Why would we trade Slay?

Even if their plan is to move on in 2025, they'd just collect a 2026 Comp. What realistically are we getting for a 33 yr old CB? Even one potentially playing at a high level?

I think Howie's plan is to put Slay in the Cox/BG/Kelce role for these young CB this season. See how 2024 unfolds and that will dictate his future for 2025. 

Brought back for another season like BG or given the "option" of retirement like Cox/Kelce or let go.

Edited by Nabbs4u

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Why would we trade Slay?

Even if their plan is to move on in 2025, they'd just collect a 2026 Comp. What realistically are we getting for a 33 yr old CB? Even one potentially playing at a high level?

I think Howie's plan is to put Slay in the Cox/BG/Kelce role for these young CB this season. See how 2024 unfolds and that will dictate his future for 2025. 

Brought back for another season like BG or given the "option" of retirement like Cox/Kelce or let go.

They aren't likely to trade Slay. Only real way I could see them doing it this year is if the team is terrible and the ship him off before the trade deadline. They won't get a comp pick for him for a couple reasons. He's on the books for this year AND next year. On top of that, if a team isn't going to trade for a 33 year old CB now, they surely aren't going to give him a comp pick worthy contract in 2026 for a 35/36 year old CB.  If they cut him in 2025 then he doesn't apply towards the compensatory pick formula. Players have to finish out their contract and sign with another team to be eligible.

I agree that from what Howie has said about Mitchell and Slay that he doesn't appear likely to ship Slay out. He seems to want him around for this year to help Mitchell and the other young CBs learn the ins and outs and obviously to hopefully perform at a high level as a boundary CB. 

38 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

It is telling when Shaq Leonard,  Zach Cunningham and Justin Evans are still unemployed going into June with OTA's under way. 🙈

Same story for Zach Cunningham

3 hours ago, Danger said:

Sweaty as 19??? That's so weird...

Yeah, why change now?

only thing I can think is this is the first year he could be designated a LB technically and he wanted to do it for awhile.

He was 9 in college and HS, so I guess that’s why he wanted 19.

On 5/24/2024 at 9:55 PM, Folesadelphia said:

They aren't likely to trade Slay. Only real way I could see them doing it this year is if the team is terrible and the ship him off before the trade deadline. They won't get a comp pick for him for a couple reasons. He's on the books for this year AND next year. On top of that, if a team isn't going to trade for a 33 year old CB now, they surely aren't going to give him a comp pick worthy contract in 2026 for a 35/36 year old CB.  If they cut him in 2025 then he doesn't apply towards the compensatory pick formula. Players have to finish out their contract and sign with another team to be eligible.

I agree that from what Howie has said about Mitchell and Slay that he doesn't appear likely to ship Slay out. He seems to want him around for this year to help Mitchell and the other young CBs learn the ins and outs and obviously to hopefully perform at a high level as a boundary CB. 

I Could highly see a trade deadline deal...Keeping Slay past then makes 0 sense. 

CB1 - Mitchell / Ringo
CB2 - DeJean / Ricks
Slot - Rodgers
S - CGJ
S - Blankenship
S - Brown

We have too many cooks in the kitchen - I Do Not want to Redshirt any of our rookie corners. So you keep Slay, you gonna bench Rodgers or DeJean? Who are both showing out at camp? We gonna stick with 30+ Old Slay who is afraid of tackling? 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

I Could highly see a trade deadline deal...Keeping Slay past then makes 0 sense. 

CB1 - Mitchell / Ringo
CB2 - DeJean / Ricks
Slot - Rodgers
S - CGJ
S - Blankenship
S - Brown

We have too many cooks in the kitchen - I Do Not want to Redshirt any of our rookie corners. So you keep Slay, you gonna bench Rodgers or DeJean? Who are both showing out at camp? We gonna stick with 30+ Old Slay who is afraid of tackling? 

If 30+ yr old Slay is as good or better then those you just mentioned, YES we stick with Slay. 

Last damn thing we need is a injury or two to occur "after" the trade deadline and we have no Corners come playoffs. No depth /starters for a potential SB playoff run!. 

See it now. Trade Slay for a 2025 6th and a box of Juicy Fruits, CGJ and DeJean both go down the following 2 months into the playoffs and we are trotting out PS CB, yet again.  👌

Edited by Nabbs4u

34 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

CB1 - Mitchell / Ringo
CB2 - DeJean / Ricks
Slot - Rodgers
S - CGJ
S - Blankenship
S - Brown

Rodgers/Ringo are more likely to be CB2 and DeJean in the slot, but that's all for 2025. Slay's not going anywhere in 2025 unless we're clearly out of playoff contention early. You can ink it in pen. We're not getting enough back for a 33 year old Slay to make it worth while.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

CB1 - Mitchell / Ringo
CB2 - DeJean / Ricks
Slot - Rodgers
S - CGJ
S - Blankenship
S - Brown

Showing out in OTAs? lol

• Like 2