2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

7 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

Doesn’t Pickett have an extra year on his contract. A whole extra year of a cost controlled backup is much more valuable than  another 1st round disappointment QB but this one has one less year

If you actually read my post you would’ve seen I mentioned the extra year on his rookie deal.

11 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Yall insane a Special teams LB or a starter who has the potential and capabilities of white is crazy. Especially w/ our LB weakness. 

Look we don’t all have a hard on for athletic linebackers who don’t have it between the ears.

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Look we don’t all have a hard on for athletic linebackers who don’t have it between the ears.

No proof he doesn't. He's been consistent for the most part, except this past year which that whole defense was bad imo. Bowles is not HC material but is a good DC and that's when White thrived, Fangio Will get the most out of him.

7 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

If you actually read my post you would’ve seen I mentioned the extra year on his rookie deal.

Yeah I see it now

regardless that extra year is essentially the totality of why Pickett over fields

we havent had a consistent backup since foles

1 minute ago, Last Stand said:

Yeah I see it now

regardless that extra year is essentially the totality of why Pickett over fields

we havent had a consistent backup since foles

I agree on that last point. I just don’t know if Pickett will be that answer. The offense he was in makes it more difficult to judge him though. I just think we could’ve used the better QB and fit for 2024, especially with how often Jalen gets nicked up. We reportedly checked in with Chicago before completing the deal with Pittsburgh, so it’s not like it wasn’t a possibility. Don’t know if that second year of control would’ve been enough to make me take Pickett over Fields, but again we didn’t have the 4th rounder next year to include in the conditions like Pittsburgh did. 

7 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

No proof he doesn't. He's been consistent for the most part, except this past year which that whole defense was bad imo. Bowles is not HC material but is a good DC and that's when White thrived, Fangio Will get the most out of him.

There is plenty of proof in years of game tape lol. What are you talking about? He probably would’ve been benched sooner if not for Lavonte David pointing stuff out to him before and after countless plays. 

If Fangio can put him in the right spots for his skill set and allow him to not hurt us too much then I’ll do backflips. But, if he is asked to take a big role in this defense as a starter then I think fans are gonna be quickly disappointed and wanting to replace him asap.

7 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

Yes he is good, some times very good. He was overrated by the fanbase as if he was one of the best LT in the league. 

If you had to rank him among LT's in the league, where are you ranking him?

21 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Maybe the Bears wanted to do right by him and send him to a team where he has more of a chance at becoming the long term guy.

Guess that was accurate. Good on the Bears for trying to do what’s best for him.

59 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Guess that was accurate. Good on the Bears for trying to do what’s best for him.

Let's not get carried away with that sentiment. Had the Bears not been asking an absurd price via trade, the market wouldn't of dried up. 

There were no other options. I guess if it was Eagles with Hurts (no shot) or Steelers with Wilson (possible shot) that "technically" was looking out for him but, not really.