2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

2 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Honestly this is a pretty solid signing. I don't expect much from him in the passing game unless Goedert gets hurt again, but we need depth at TE and he is a solid player. Willing blocker as well.

It's fine.  1 year deal.  If he works out great if not nbd.  I suppose they could still add another TE on day 3 and let em all compete.

1 hour ago, CasperX22 said:

It's fine.  1 year deal.  If he works out great if not nbd.  I suppose they could still add another TE on day 3 and let em all compete.

Yeah, I think the Eagles do a good job filling holes with at least serviceable players at each position before the draft. With this signing, they can feel more comfortable if they don't end up adding a backup TE via the draft. They usually don't have glaring holes entering the draft so there is less pressure to force a pick at a position high in the draft.  Goedert, Uzomah, Okwuegbunam, Calcaterra, etc. gives them some decent group to evaluate through training camp/preseason. I'm interested to see if Moore can get some value out of a more receiving oriented TE in Albert O.

39 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Uzomah is an upgrade at TE 2 no complaints

Should be but like Albert O last year, you never know? Only upside is the fact Kellen Moore seems to utilize/prioritize the #2 TE position in his offense. 

Guess we'll see

7 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

Someone needs to come up with a good drinking game for the draft. 

Whenever Howie drafts a right tackle of the future in the first you drink yourself into oblivion.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Whenever Howie drafts a right tackle of the future in the first you drink yourself into oblivion.

If Howie is looking to get a player in the 1st that he projects to get a lot of playing time year 1 (based on what DGunn has heard), theres really only 3 players I could see getting starting reps. Jared Verse, Cooper Dejean, or one of the top 4 Olineman that they will plug to play RG day 1. I know this had nothing to do with drinking game but thats just my opinion of where the draft may be heading.

Edited by UndyTaker
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

If Howie is looking to get a player in the 1st that he projects to get a lot of playing time year 1 (based on what DGunn has heard), theres really only 3 players I could see getting starting reps. Jared Verse, Cooper Dejean, or one of the top 4 Olineman that they will plug to play RG day 1. I know this had nothing to do with drinking game but thats just my opinion of where the draft may be heading.

I mean of the OL in the first the only guy I think that would be a good guard day 1 and a great RT of the future is Fuaga and he probably goes top 15. Latham could also do both and be solid at both spots so I guess I could stomach that selection. Guyton and Mims wouldn't play guard and Fautanu and Barton probably never play tackle.

4 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

I mean of the OL in the first the only guy I think that would be a good guard day 1 and a great RT of the future is Fuaga and he probably goes top 15. Latham could also do both and be solid at both spots so I guess I could stomach that selection. Guyton and Mims wouldn't play guard and Fautanu and Barton probably never play tackle.

Yeah Fuaga and Latham are the two names I keep seeing the most within reach of moving up or rumored Eagles interest.

32 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

Yeah without a bigger trade up those are the guys that fit that bill. Latu as well. On the topic of some of these guys, I somehow missed how old both he and Verse are. I know  it’s going to be more common with the incentive to stay in school, but taking guys who will be 24 their rookie year I never love.

I guess any wideout would also be in that category but I can’t see them taking one at 22.