2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

2 hours ago, Scalamania said:

Don't forget Fireman Dan!

The selection of Danny Watkins is what originally turned me off to OL in the first, especially the ones that folks say are extremely pro-ready. 

I mean everyone knew that pick was a disaster the day it was made.  Taking a 26 year old in the 1st Rd is likely always a bad idea.

10 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

I mean everyone knew that pick was a disaster the day it was made.  Taking a 26 year old in the 1st Rd is likely always a bad idea.

Add the fact they drafted for "Need" not necessarily BPA that year it makes the decision 10x worse. Same exact thing occurred with the drafting of Marcus Smith in 2014.

Now if there is a coin flip at BPA, only then do you or should you draft for "Need". 

Edited by Nabbs4u

55 minutes ago, Danger said:

Real talk

How do we feel about Ringo, Ricks, and Rodgers for the future? Not collectively, but each of them on an individual level. What sort of role do we see them in the long run?

Ringo showed flashes last year.  I wonder if he's better suited as a safety.  Obviously it makes things easier if he sticks at CB

If we get pre-suspension Rodgers he should be able to lock down 1 spot.

Ricks ceiling is limited, but he should be a solid reserve.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CasperX22 said:

Hindsight 101 - much like Reagor. A lot of outlets, people and draft gurus thought he was worth the pick and was an immediate starter at the time. His draft grade was overwhelmingly positive at the time. He fit the bill of someone who is “fit for Philly” - good attitude, hard worker, etc. Just turns out he sucked at football. 

6 hours ago, Danger said:

Real talk

How do we feel about Ringo, Ricks, and Rodgers for the future? Not collectively, but each of them on an individual level. What sort of role do we see them in the long run?

Ringo has a real shot to be an impact player and for my money was the best DB on a terrible secondary last year. 

Rodgers pre suspension is a CB2 easily. 

Ricks is a depth piece - physical tools are there but hard to say if he ever reaches his potential. 

52 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Rodgers pre suspension is a CB2 easily. 

Based on what? His PFF grade?
The guys career total snaps adds up to about what Bradberry played just last year.
Let's pump our brakes on making definitive comments like "Isaiah Rodgers is easily a CB2" when you didn't actually watch the guy play in Indy (And don't pretend you did).
He's 5'10, barely weighs more than Emmanuel Forbes, hasn't played in a year, and has started 10 games in 3 seasons. We don't know what he is, other than short, slim, and fast.
He's built the exact opposite of a "Fangio CB". Even if he was good for the Colts, doesn't mean he will be good for us, especially if he's gonna be expected to tackle a bunch at 170 pounds.
If we're gonna knock Wiggins as a prospect for his weight in a Fangio defense that asks it's CB's to tackle, we have to do the same for Rodgers.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

The guys career total snaps adds up to about what Bradberry played just last year.
Let's pump our brakes on making definitive comments like "Isaiah Rodgers is easily a CB2" when you didn't actually watch the guy play in Indy (And don't pretend you did).
He's 5'10, barely weighs more than Emmanuel Forbes, hasn't played in a year, and has started 10 games in 3 seasons. We don't know what he is, other than short, slim, and fast.
He's built the exact opposite of a "Fangio CB". Even if he was good for the Colts, doesn't mean he will be good for us, especially if he's gonna be expected to tackle a bunch at 170 pounds.
If we're gonna knock Wiggins as a prospect for his weight in a Fangio defense that asks it's CB's to tackle, we have to do the same for Rodgers.

I mean I don't think he's "easily a cb2" but I don't see how anybody here can make a convincing argument or judgment about whether he offers anything to the Eagles this season. He missed all last season with no injury and before that probably played decently for the Colts. I don't know how much insight the Eagles have been able to gather since he's been here because I don't think they have been able to have him practice. It's ridiculous to either write him off or pencil him in at this point. He's just a dart throw with decent upside right now. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jeezla said:

I mean Rodgers is on the smaller side, but from what I've seen is he's at least a willing tackler.  That said, nobody should be penciling him in for anything because we have no idea what we have after being out of football for a year.  We shouldn't expect anything more than for him to compete for one of the 3 CB spots.

What's worse, honestly? Being out of football for a year do to a suspension or losing most of a calender year to a season ending injury?

I know Rodgers wasn't allowed to practice and be around the team but was he not allowed a playbook? Allowed to still "train" just not at Novacare?

Some are acting like being away from Football for a year "uninjured" is somehow going to be a detriment to his abilities? 

I doubt he was just sitting around, getting fat and not working out,not staying in shape??  If we remotely get the Isiah Rodgers from 2022, the one that played for the Colts. I'll take it and not think twice.

Guess we'll see. I'm more concerned for Sidney coming off a ACL then I am Rodgers TBH. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Nabbs4u

Posted (edited)

I don't think we can ever not visit this.

Justin Jefferson missed 7 games last year, in the 10 games he played

68 catches, 1074 yards, 5 TD's

Jalen Reagor's 4 year career, 56 games played

79 catches, 937 yards, 4 TD's

Why do I bring this up.

Eagles select 22nd, the wheelhouse of Howie's worst picks.

Edited by downundermike
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I don't think we can ever not visit this.

Justin Jefferson missed 7 games last year, in the 10 game he played

68 catches, 1074 yards, 5 TD's

Jalen Reagor's 4 year career, 56 games played

79 catches, 937 yards, 4 TD's

Why do I bring this up.

Eagles select 22nd, the wheelhouse of Howie's worst picks.

22nd is also where we picked Andre Dillard, after trading up from 25th. Danny Watkins was 23rd.

Edited by UndyTaker
  • Like 1