2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

All you've proven is those "misses" are exactly why Howie has been trading up for whatever targeted player they have on the board the past few years.

Let's be real. The draft is a crap shoot. Nothing guaranteed.  Especially after the top 10-15 players in the draft.

Rarely are there 32 1st rd grades. So acquiring that blue chip type talent (Smitty, Davis, Carter) is always ideal. 

I'd be shocked if we stayed at #22 and don't trade up. For who, I don't know but its coming.  🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

All you've proven is those "misses" are exactly why Howie has been trading up for whatever targeted player they have on the board the past few years.

Which proves Howie can not evaluate the talent after 10.

JJ was a no brainer, everyone could see it except for Howie.

I am a huge WSU fan, but I cringed when we took Dillard.

Traded up ahead of Baltimore for Jordan Davis, who will never produce at a level to match his draft slot and the additional picks used to acquire him.  Could have stayed put and taken a pro bowl safety, a position that is a glaring weakness for the Eagles.

50 minutes ago, downundermike said:

and 90% of this message board

52 minutes ago, downundermike said:

In typical Eagles fashion the 4 players drafted directly after Dillard all have been productive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Traded up ahead of Baltimore for Jordan Davis, who will never produce at a level to match his draft slot and the additional picks used to acquire him.  Could have stayed put and taken a pro bowl safety, a position that is a glaring weakness for the Eagles.

Stoutland wanted Dillard. 

43 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

and 90% of this message board

In typical Eagles fashion the 4 players drafted directly after Dillard all have been productive.

Also to be fair, Doug had at least as much to do with the Reagor selection as Howie did.  Their scouting department wanted Jefferson, Doug and Howie overruled everyone else in the room and took Reagor.  Was Howie just getting Doug his guy, or was he of the same mindset as Doug? We'll probably never know the answer to that question.

10 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

Also to be fair, Doug had at least as much to do with the Reagor selection as Howie did.  Their scouting department wanted Jefferson, Doug and Howie overruled everyone else in the room and took Reagor.  Was Howie just getting Doug his guy, or was he of the same mindset as Doug? We'll probably never know the answer to that question.

I've always felt that Howie had a tendency to listen to his coaches a bit too much, and the longer Doug was here, the more Doug's MO took over... e.g. Press Taylor.

12 minutes ago, Danger said:

I've always felt that Howie had a tendency to listen to his coaches a bit too much, and the longer Doug was here, the more Doug's MO took over... e.g. Press Taylor.

Also just in general in most years the league typically perceives there being 15 or less actual first round graded prospects

therefore the hit rate is only going to shrink.

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

Not really a reply to your overall point but safety is a glaring weakness? I was overall disappointed in the Davis pick and was clamoring for Hamilton. But I wouldn't call our safety room weak.

7 hours ago, Last Stand said:

If you watched Dillard in college, he was a solid prospect.
He had good technique for a rookie, he was just too weak, especially in the lower half and got pushed around.
Then he saw his first opportunity at RT and got manhandled.

I don't know of anyone who at the time though he was a bad pick.
In fact, it was widely regarded as a coup to move up ahead of Texas for him.

It doesn't appear that he did all that was necessary to get functionally stronger.
Sometimes the right pick just doesn't work out.
Now, Reagor over Jefferson ..........😭

7 hours ago, Last Stand said:

Story I remember was he hadn’t really done much on Dillard because they thought he’d go way earlier. Stout was brought in to double check late and said sure, but it wasn’t like the long process of work he did for Mailata, Jurgens, etc