2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

On 6/7/2024 at 2:33 PM, Nabbs4u said:

The most cherished position in Philadelphia Sports history.

Eagles back up QB position.

Not lying though. Even the team feels the same way, because they drafted Jalen Hurts to be a backup QB

• Like 1

5 hours ago, UndyTaker said:

Not lying though. Even the team feels the same way, because they drafted Jalen Hurts to be a backup QB

Yeah because drafted back up QB never took over the Mantle?????

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Saw that, it’s McLane so I’m not sure it isn’t true…but it was a conference right before the summer. I’m not gonna really read much into it, as McLane says in the longer quote himself.

Also don’t need Jalen to pump up Nick personally, he’s on the hot seat already. A safe bet is a lot of these guys on the roster could easily outlast him in Philly.

Its been fairly obvious Jalen isn’t always the most thrilled with Nick the last couple years all the time.

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

Saw that, it’s McLane so I’m not sure it isn’t true…but it was a conference right before the summer. I’m not gonna really read much into it, as McLane says in the longer quote himself.

Also don’t need Jalen to pump up Nick personally, he’s on the hot seat already. A safe bet is a lot of these guys on the roster could easily outlast him in Philly.

Its been fairly obvious Jalen isn’t always the most thrilled with Nick the last couple years all the time.

Thing is that Nick shouldnt be here. He lost the locker room last season and as much as some people want to forget that that actually happened, its going to be something brought up as long as Nick is the HC. 

As for Jalen...this is a piss poor job of leadership from a QB making franchise money that played like a highschooler in more games than not last season. What a great way to kick off the next month and training camp from a PR point of view and putting the microscope on the elephant in the room. Jalen putting even more pressure on himself after that quote is a bold move considering hes on a make or break year IMO. No more excuses for him this year. 

• Like 2

The bigger issue is jalen should be better at faking it

he doesn’t have to like nick

tom didn’t love bill

but if nicks here the team nor Jalen benefit from this kind of conversation happening around the team

it only benefits journalists lol

My question is what if it isn't just Sirianni thats the issue but what if its both Sirianni and Hurts...That could be a powder keg affecting the whole team. 

For Sirianni - It was obvious he's just a cheerleader HC - His Mindset of an offense isn't there - Could that be the issue - Could it be hes trying to change the mental leadership of hurts to more asserting less passive - Could it be Hurts Injury last season was a direct result of a Sirianni playcall/play design - Could Sirianni be limited in what he was able to do offensively due to Hurts Limitations 

For Hurts - Could the Issue be not wanting to be coached - Could it be his leadership style doesn't jive with other players / coaching - Could it be his personality doesn't jive with others - Could it be he was so pressured last year and dealing with the injury he never settled in for the mental aspect of last season - Could Nick be too rah rah for him - 

I feel Hurts gets to much of a pass last season due to the whole Possible Sirianni lost locker room fallout...But What if the Fallout was over hurts and not over Sirianni...

IMO Both are in the make it or break it year...

• Like 3

It's funny how virtually none of those questions asked above was a issue in 2022 and for almost the first 12 weeks of the 2023 season, despite the 10-1 start. Amazing how losing changes perspectives? It's almost like proper coaching matters?

Sirianni is guilty of 1 thing, hiring Brian Johnson in hopes of keeping a similar offense/familiarity for not only Hurts but the Starting 11. The Hiring of not only Desai but Patricia was doomed from the start as well. 

All 3 were atrocious! OC/DC has been addressed in 2024 accordingly. 

Now if Howie actually forced the hirings,  then that's a bigger issue. Almost Doug Pederson esq'.

Where was all the hysteria when AJ was setting Recieving records? When the Eagles somehow pulled off wins vs Mia,KC,Dal,Buff during the gauntlet? When they found was to win?

I'm on record and don't for a second think it is coincidence who was let go and who was retained this offseason. Vast majority were probably key players in the divided locker room. From the 2nd guessing of coaches,  trying to game plan for them, to player only meetings. 

Edited by Nabbs4u

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

It's funny how virtually none of those questions asked above was a issue in 2022 and for almost the first 12 weeks of the 2023 season, despite the 10-1 start. Amazing how losing changes perspectives? It's almost like proper coaching matters?

Sirianni is guilty of 1 thing, hiring Brian Johnson in hopes of keeping a similar offense/familiarity for not only Hurts but the Starting 11. The Hiring of not only Desai but Patricia was doomed from the start as well. 

All 3 were atrocious! OC/DC has been addressed in 2024 accordingly. 

Now if Howie actually forced the hirings,  then that's a bigger issue. Almost Doug Pederson esq'.

Where was all the hysteria when AJ was setting Recieving records? When the Eagles somehow pulled off wins vs Mia,KC,Dal,Buff during the gauntlet? When they found was to win?

I'm on record and don't for a second think it is coincidence who was let go and who was retained this offseason. Vast majority were probably key players in the divided locker room. From the 2nd guessing of coaches,  trying to game plan for them, to player only meetings. 

To be fair, some of us saw it even when the team was winning and said so at the time. Some podcasts pointed out that the team didn't look right despite their record. 

On a different-ish topic, I don't think there's a franchise that questions its QB leadership as much as this one, even with a guy that was a proven leader like Jalen everywhere, and praised as such from the moment he arrived here. 

The teams in this franchise turn toxic very fast as soon as everything is not 100% right, even with different QBs and coaching staff and I don't think it's a coincidence.

• Like 3