2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

1 hour ago, Scalamania said:

I wouldn’t expect anyone to be. We love the mediocre draft pick here. 

Trenches win!

I do not understand why some of these guys are mediocre.

Quick question:  Give me your impression of taking Jackson Power-Johnson.

(This will tell a lot.)

4 minutes ago, babyatemydingo said:

I do not understand why some of these guys are mediocre.

Quick question:  Give me your impression of taking Jackson Power-Johnson.

(This will tell a lot.)

Top 12 prospect.

OK.

So, there's been a long history here with people who basically only want "skill position" players.
Well, it is not just here.

Ricky Williams, JK Dobbins, DK Metcalf, LaQuon Treadwell, Kelvin Benjamin and about 100 other receivers have been touted as the next best thing.
And while some of them may have been good picks there's more to football than shiny objects.
I've been fighting that for years.

So, just like last year when the Eagles had no shot at Jalen Carter, I am hoping against hope for JPJ.
For that to happen, I figure five QB's will have to go and the T, WR and CB positions will need to see runs in the 1st.

10 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

https://www.abc27.com/sports/sports-illustrated/arena-nfl/si-philadelphia-eagles-nfl/4affcdbf/eagles-reveal-current-plans-for-james-bradberry/#:~:text=He would have to be,make %249 million this year.&text=There's no question the veteran,-team All-Pro honors.

I get it, but it saves the Eagles No Money whatsoever. I don't see Howie taking that cap hit. 

I'm not making excuses for JB, his attitude,  his 2023 play but I am in agreement with the article and Howie. I've stated as much numerous times. 

It was idiotic to take a All Pro CB who played mostly Zone Coverage in 2022 ala Richard Sherman  and treat him like he's Darrell Revis. Moving him all over the field, following WR's. 

JB and Slay under Gannon played specific sides, never swapped, no matter the WR matchup under Gannon. Both were All Pro's with competent Safey and LB play.

NONE OF THAT occured in 2023. I don't think Vic will be that stupid of a DC either. 

I think it's very telling that Howie's response to the question about his plans for JB was not much more than he's under contract.  I think they are for sure looking to move on.  It's highly unlikely to me that he will be on the roster come week 1.

8 hours ago, Scalamania said:

Did you not recently refer to him as the next Aaron Maybin? All athlete, mediocre football player. 

I said it's very possible. I can't speak for his work ethic or if he'll be matched with a good D-Line coach.

9 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Building the trenches is never the sexy pick. Only singular reason we are were fine with Jalen Carter last year was because many experts suggested he was the consensus #1/#2 overall player in the draft. 

It's never the sexy pick and some times is smart (not anymore in our case), but at some point the building has to be done somewhere else too. 

Edited by Broadway Joe

After hearing Greg cosell talk about Kenneth Murray and how he hasn’t lived up but has played well and has great athletic traits count me in

6-2 240, can run, 25 years old will come cheaper than the top guys but has upside to outplay his contract

perfect guy to sign to a 3 year deal

• Like 3

13 hours ago, CasperX22 said:

I think it's very telling that Howie's response to the question about his plans for JB was not much more than he's under contract.  I think they are for sure looking to move on.  It's highly unlikely to me that he will be on the roster come week 1.

Just not seeing it given the numbers owed. 🤷‍♂️

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/10111521-eagles-top-hypothetical-trade-packages-for-james-bradberry-avonte-maddox.amp.html

"Here's the issue. Bradberry has $17.2 million in dead money remaining on his contract. Cutting him before March 13 would cost the Eagles an additional $12.4 million in cap space, while trading him would cost $11.1 million. Trading him between March 13 and June 1 would cost $20.8 million in cap space, while trading him after June 1 would cost $8.3 million.

There simply isn't a reasonable path to trading Bradberry unless he restructures his contract—which he has little reason to do—or the Eagles can convince a team to absorb some of the dead money on his deal."

Edited by Nabbs4u

5 hours ago, Last Stand said:

After hearing Greg cosell talk about Kenneth Murray and how he hasn’t lived up but has played well and has great athletic traits count me in

6-2 240, can run, 25 years old will come cheaper than the top guys but has upside to outplay his contract

perfect guy to sign to a 3 year deal

Cosell really likes Tranquill and Cashman. Especially Tranquill. Likes Luvu. Likes Azeez and Jewell as base defense guys. Really wish they would've brought up Jordyn Brooks to him. Of course in typical ITB fashion, they close the show with two bottom of the barrel LBs from Cleveland. Feels like they don't do their homework on some of their shows or are scared to ask him about too many guys. Very annoying.

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Does Kelce retiring open up and extra cap money? Or just the 12-14M we would have had to pay him in 2024?

They probably will adjust it to pay out over longer.

Say what you want about Howies approach but replacing 3 potential HOF on the fly while keeping the Eagles OL intact as one of the top 5 best units in the NFL, has worked. Is important. Actually impressive. 

2017 SB Starters

Viatai (Peters IR)

Wisnewski 

Kelce

Brooks

Lane

2024 projected Starters

Mailata 

Dickerson

Jurgens

Steen? ... Rookie?

Lane