2024 CB Prospects

Heavy_Flow

I saw Rakestraw mocked in the first a while back, and I thought it was funny because it was his teammate that stood out to me (Kris Abrams-Drain).

But CB tape is insanely tough to watch so who knows.

I like Jabar Muhammed out of Washington. Got cooked a few times by Troy Franklin in a few reps, but otherwise he has some really good tape. 

12 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I saw Rakestraw mocked in the first a while back, and I thought it was funny because it was his teammate that stood out to me (Kris Abrams-Drain).

But CB tape is insanely tough to watch so who knows.

I like Jabar Muhammed out of Washington. Got cooked a few times by Troy Franklin in a few reps, but otherwise he has some really good tape. 

Muhammed is in the portal didn’t enter draft 

5 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Dejean is great. Max Melton is a superstud who I think can become a #1 lockdown. Weak CB class for sure though. 

DeJean is clearly the best, could play slot corner if asked, gunner on special teams if asked and could play safety as well.  Very versatile, tough and great tackler with ball skills.

These guys all could be late 1st or 2nd rounders but all could be very solid pros.  All outside of Watts could play slot if asked and Watts could be moved back to safety also but is a very impressive CB physically.  Arnold is super improved and Sainristill I think could be a 1st rounder with his ability to play the slot, King also could go 1st round with CB needs in the league.  But they could easily fall also and one could get a steal with them, you need corners who can change directions and who are nimble and quick with how many crossing routes are ran in the NFL.  

Mike Sainristil Michigan
Kalen King Penn State JR
Kamari Lassiter Georgia JR
Ryan Watts Texas
Terrion Arnold Alabama RS SOPH

Overall depth of the class is an issue but some guys later could turn out, Chau Smith-Wade and Bennie Bishop I like both of them because they are nimble and can play the slot as well.  Bishop had a real breakout year and was impressive in coverage.  Clearly with the increase of WRs who are very light and fast/quick in the NFL, you need quick corners who can stay with them regardless of size.  

59 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Terrion Arnold will rise significantly imo

He seems to be the consensus top CB. Or at least the closest thing. I liked how much better his late season tape looked than his early season. Looks like a good CB, and might have his best football still ahead of him.

4 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

How are we liking that Kool-Aid?

Meh.

8 minutes ago, Daniel said:

He seems to be the consensus top CB. Or at least the closest thing. I liked how much better his late season tape looked than his early season. Looks like a good CB, and might have his best football still ahead of him.

Meh.

I have Wiggins at #1 currently 

13 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

I have Wiggins at #1 currently 

I still haven't watched Clemson dudes.

CB is where I usually get laziest with my evals.  I can put on a game, and unless I take pains to watch a specific player, very carefully, then it's hard to garner much.  Can't really look at the rest of the field, other than like at the QB's eyes, to see if he looks towards the guy and moves on, showing you he had his WR covered up.  Even then, what the guy is doing to cover up the receiver isn't on screen, so you have to make a lot of assumptions.

Without like All 22 or something, you just can't really do a quality evaluation.

I have Kris Abrams-Drain as my top guy right now, but CB evals are something I usually don't fight about too much, because I usually don't feel that strongly about them.  That said, bad things they do on tape can at least help.  You usually see the plays where CBs **** up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Still have Kool Aid ahead of Arnold. Not impressed with Terrion. He would’ve been an early 3rd rounder last year. Not sure what traits he possesses that people love. Just overall solid, from my watching. 

You loved Kyu… this means Terrion will be all pro

• Like 1