2024 CB Prospects

Heavy_Flow

5 hours ago, Daniel said:

You're not actually making the argument you think you're making.

This shows that almost every year, one or two CBs are taken in the top 10.  14 in the last 10 years.  So teams take corners high, a lot.  Let's compare that to all the other defensive positions:

IDL: 6
ILB: 5
Edge: 17
S: 1

Corner is drafted in the top 10 more frequently than any position other than Edge, and at double the rate of IDLs, nearly three times the rate of ILBs.  So CBs are valued way higher than any defensive position other than Edge.

But I think we'd see very truly elite prospect coming out of certain positions.  I mean, since the 2010 draft (Ndmaukong Sun and Gerald McCoy), who was the best IDL prospect to come out of the draft?  Unless you weren't scared off of the size/LOC concerns with Aaron Donald, it probably was either Quinnen Williams or maybe Marcell Darius.  It just hasn't seen an IDL prospect come out that was the level of Suh/McCoy.  Luke Kuechly was probably the best off-ball LBer I've evaluated since Aaron Curry with Devin White being the consolation prize.  Derwin James was IMO the best S prospect since Eric Bery and he went 17th overall.

8 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

No I don’t think so. Nor do I expect him to time well. 

Yeah.  I really like his game, but i don't think it's really built around the "Pro Day Star" type of attributes.  He's probably much more the type of look great on tape and in pads, than running around in shorts.

12 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Any word on TJ Tampa's testing numbers? He should be done by now, but I don't see anything yet.

Feel like I haven't heard much about Tampa at all lately. Out of the consensus like 10 or so corners he's the dude I've heard the least about from anywhere really.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

Reported 4.52-4.55 40

I read 4.58 last night. 4.52 would be better. Jaylon Johnson/James Bradberry territory vs Josh Norman territory.
Would like to know his 3C time.

Edited by Jeezla

28 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I read 4.58 last night. 4.52 would be better. Jaylon Johnson/James Bradberry territory vs Josh Norman territory.
Would like to know his 3C time.

Yeah pro day times are usually all over the place 

On 3/29/2024 at 8:13 AM, EagleBlueDon said:

Feel like I haven't heard much about Tampa at all lately. Out of the consensus like 10 or so corners he's the dude I've heard the least about from anywhere really.

Yeah.  I really like him, but he's been having a super quiet "under the radar" sort of draft season.  It's kinda weird.

Maybe a lot of teams quietly like him and all think if they let him continue to slip off the grid, he'll fall to them later?  😆

Could also just be that he's really more of a "good in football pads" guy, more than a "underwear Olympics" type.

1 minute ago, Tugboat said:

Yeah.  I really like him, but he's been having a super quiet "under the radar" sort of draft season.  It's kinda weird.

Maybe a lot of teams quietly like him and all think if they let him continue to slip off the grid, he'll fall to them later?  😆

Could also just be that he's really more of a "good in football pads" guy, more than a "underwear Olympics" type.

I really don't know much about him besides what I've heard from the PFF Stock Exchange guys lol. Seems like they and a lot of other ppl like him.