Rayne Dakota Prescott

textaz03

What do you wanna see happen with Dak?   

20 members have voted

1. 1. What do you wanna see happen with Dak?

• Keep and resign
    • Cut pre-June 1st
    • Cut post June 1st
    • Trade prior March 17

40 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

No one reasonable compared him to Tom Brady.

Some people certainly said he wasn’t even close to being an NFL quarterback, though.

And, at the time, he wasn't. Like I said - which you keep ignoring - is that my opinion on any player is based on the information that I have on him at that point in time. It's not hard to understand. You just don't like it. And, which you also ignore, is that I no longer make that statement (and haven't made in many years) because it's no longer true. His truth now is that he is incapable of placing a team on his back, elevating the talent around him, and leading the team to wins againt teams above .500 and/or when it matters.

Edited by plan9misfit

Can anyone find a list of how QB’s have done against winning teams , I think Mahomes, Rodgers and Wilson have done well, and from what I’m reading on here , Dak must be last on this list for sure 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, plan9misfit said:

And, at the time, he wasn't. Like I said - which you keep ignoring - is that my opinion on any player is based on the information that I have on him at that point in time

Lol, there is no point in arguing with you, when a 13-3 rookie season doesn’t give you even a second’s pause that maybe you didn’t analyze the information you had very well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Lol, there is no point in arguing with you, when a 13-3 rookie season doesn’t give you even a second’s pause that maybe you didn’t analyze the information you had very well.

And he was completely protected and a very watered down passing offense while Zeke drove the rest of the offense. What team were you watching? Zeke had over 1600 rushing yards, over 350 receiving yards, and 17 TDs. He was the catalyst for the offense, not Dak. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, plan9misfit said:

And he was completely protected and a very watered down passing offense while Zeke drove the rest of the offense. What team were you watching? Zeke had over 1600 rushing yards, over 350 receiving yards, and 17 TDs. He was the catalyst for the offense, not Dak. 

Should have been RotY

7 hours ago, matt79511 said:

If there’s one nice thing we can all say about Dak, it’s that he’s clearly gotten the most out of his physical ability. Dude has a football field in his backyard. I don’t doubt he’s had the best private coaching time and money can afford. You could reasonably pin some of the playoff/“big game” losses on a lack of team wide preparedness and some game management miscues though.

Do you believe Dak has peaked or do you think he could still make significant improvements on his QB game at this point in his career?

3 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Do you believe Dak has peaked or do you think he could still make significant improvements on his QB game at this point in his career?

I think, more likely than not, the player he is now is the one he will continue to be.

3 hours ago, DaBoys said:

@Nextyearfordaboyz likes to harp on @plan9misfit for saying Dak “doesn’t even resemble an NFL QB,” but I’m “quite confident” we’ve all made mistakes evaluating QBs haven’t we? 

b1aKeg8.jpeg

0M4BCiG.jpeg

I make mistakes all the time! There are receipts upon receipts from my nearly 20 years on this forum. Very happy to admit when I am wrong, as I was with Jayden Daniels. My personal bias got in the way on that one (I will never like the guy, and will be very happy to root against him in Washington).

It’s fine to fail in life. Failing is not the problem. Refusing to reflect on and learn from your failures is.

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I make mistakes all the time! There are receipts upon receipts from my nearly 20 years on this forum. Very happy to admit when I am wrong, as I was with Jayden Daniels. My personal bias got in the way on that one (I will never like the guy, and will be very happy to root against him in Washington).

It’s fine to fail in life. Failing is not the problem. Refusing to reflect on and learn from your failures is.

I had the same type of personal bias against Baker Mayfield being from Texas Tech. Luckily that’s mostly worked out for me. 

I did think Josh Rosen was the best QB in his class, and I thought Matt Ryan would be an epic bust. 

Edited by DaBoys
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Nah, Drew Bledsoe was a godsend.  

• 2 months later...

Say what you what about Dak on the field.  He is a bloody genius when it comes to contracts.  

Extend him or you have 40 million in dead cap or he gets to be UFA.  No trade. No tag.

20 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Say what you what about Dak on the field.  He is a bloody genius when it comes to contracts.  

Extend him or you have 40 million in dead cap or he gets to be UFA.  No trade. No tag.

That feels more like a reflection of the quality of his agent than him. Dak doesn't negotiate his deals. I'm positive that he has a say, but the leverage in his last contract was likely developed by his agent. Most players aren't that savvy.