Who do you want as the Steelers new Offensive Coordinator?

4 minutes ago, jebrick said:

He has not shown the quick feet or the one cut ability I would expect in a zone scheme runner.  I would guess that Bama had a huge talent superiority and it showed.  You can keep pointing to these stats and I will point to the failure of wide-zone runs with Najee.

Warren would be a better fit in a ZBS than Najee.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jebrick said:

He has not shown the quick feet or the one cut ability I would expect in a zone scheme runner.  I would guess that Bama had a huge talent superiority and it showed.  You can keep pointing to these stats and I will point to the failure of wide-zone runs with Najee.

I agree but blocking is what causes most of those failures. It was more a personnel issue rather than a talent issue.

The fact that they seem to be forcing the current staff on A.Smith makes this hire so much worse.  I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, but now I can’t help but feel like it will continue to be more of the same.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Blitzburgh said:

The fact that they seem to be forcing the current staff on A.Smith makes this hire so much worse.  I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, but now I can’t help but feel like it will continue to be more of the same.

Smith should have an agreement in place. Something along the lines of " I will try out this staff but if we don't finish top 10 in both rush and pass, then I pick new OL coach, and other assistants next year" 

This seems like a patchwork as usual.  

4 hours ago, warfelg said:

It would appear that one teams trash is another teams treasure. Perceptions are some people's reality.  My only take on the Steelers situation is that I only wished that they had spoken to more candidates and picked some of the more progressive minds.

The hiring probably would have felt better to fans (not that they have to do things to please fans).  I just think that having some of that knowledge would help.

Edited by Steeler Hitman
  • Like 1