Raiders hire Antonio Pierce as Head Coach

2 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

Exactly my thoughts. 

I don’t think it’s a good hiring. I think players making decisions always ends up terrible. 

But this is my team. I will cope and hope I am wrong. If I’m wrong? Awesome!

Hadn't Mark making decisions ended up terrible so far? 🤔

1 minute ago, RaiderX said:

Imagine if this team only wins 7 games. Oof the calls for MD to sell the team will be justified.

Definitely not as hyped about Kelly coming back as I am about AP. I really don't know enough about what he accomplished in his time here to justify it. A seasoned GM to compliment a green HC would have made more sense to me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Totty said:

Hadn't Mark making decisions ended up terrible so far? 🤔

Yes, he is. He should have hired a GM and had nothing to do with the HC selection. Or hire a few advisors formally (one being Brady), and a GM, and let the 3-4 of them pick a HC. Mark should not be involved in the HC selection process at all. He’s proven to be terrible at it over and over and over. He doesn’t have the football mind for it or the eye for it. 

Edited by Tank4Drake

2 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Thank god.

Good. 

I still have an awful feeling AP might have suggested keeping Bo though and Mark was like “dude I’m only hiring you if you fire every offensive guy”. 

If a coach suggested to me keeping Bo during the interview process, I would eliminate him from contention immediately. 

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

The fact Bisaccia keeps coming up is a troubling thing. The problem with the McDaniels hire was Mark did the hiring and he did it again without a GM. I hope this works out but this team still feels stuck in mediocre.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Agreed here. Marvin Lewis is one of the most underrated coaches ever. I don’t think he’s a Super Bowl winning caliber Head Coach, but he won’t be Head Coach here. Having him on the staff in any capacity is amazing. I actually think he helped AP during his interim run more than any of us actually know. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RaiderX said:

The fact Bisaccia keeps coming up is a troubling thing. The problem with the McDaniels hire was Mark did the hiring and he did it again without a GM. I hope this works out but this team still feels stuck in mediocre.

Agreed. This likely ends up another backfire because once again Mark picked the HC and won’t let a GM pick the HC.