Raiders hire Antonio Pierce as Head Coach

45 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Wanted harbough tbh.

However, my biggest concerns are answered. 

1) Having Marvin Lewis AND Coughlin around to help build a staff alleviates any concern I could possibly have for that 

2) Firing almost the whole offensive staff alleviates any concern I had over the offense.

He's already proven he's too good to go an entire season only winning 4-5 games. We're going to win, maybe 8,9, 10 games? I think his floor is mediocre. Which should give him at minimum 2 seasons. How much he wins is going to depend on what QB they can get in the building and who the playcaller is IMO.

Everything else is set, pretty sure Graham is still under contract so he's not going anywhere unless they fire him. Which would be absurd. We have talent and he's going to draw in more talent in FA for sure. 

I disagree on the he’s proven he’s too good. We have a super tough schedule next year. We won’t be able to beat up on the children of the poor and the emotional boost of having the interim guy rallying the team will be gone.

mike Singletary had almost the exact same situation play out in SF.

4 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Looking ahead. Let’s say Bill gets the Atlanta job. He then hires Josh McDaniels as his OC which would be no surprise…. Guess who comes to Vegas for the 2024 season…. Would be absolute chaos in that stadium 

Falcons fans going to be going nuts for sure.

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I disagree on the he’s proven he’s too good. We have a super tough schedule next year. We won’t be able to beat up on the children of the poor and the emotional boost of having the interim guy rallying the team will be gone.

mike Singletary had almost the exact same situation play out in SF.

Mike Singletary ran that team ragged. I remember that. AP gave players time off after wins. Singletary believed in never taking time off. So that’s a little different.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Since 2000, first time HC's that had the interim tag removed have a total of 0 combined winning seasons and have a 45-83 (35%) overall.

Let’s hope he’s the exception and not the standard.

9 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Mike Singletary ran that team ragged. I remember that. AP gave players time off after wins. Singletary believed in never taking time off. So that’s a little different.

I'm also operating under the impression that AP doesn't pull his pants down at halftime 

5 minutes ago, justwinbaby81 said:

I'm also operating under the impression that AP doesn't pull his pants down at halftime 

https://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/Singletary-dropped-pants-at-halftime-3187610.php

I doubt AP does something like this. He legit talked trash to his team with his pants down for 3-4 minutes. Crazy. Team still lost too lol. He definitely didn’t have his player’s support.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Atlanta is definitely deciding between Bill or Jim. I’d personally go Jim if I was them. Easy choice imo. 

If I’m a betting man, I say it ends up like this:

Atl - Bellichick (I hope they get Harbaugh though. I don’t want Jim in the AFC West)

Was - Ben Johnson

LAC - Harbaugh

CAR - Bobby Slowik

Honestly I’d be more pumped up about Washington getting Ben Johnson and Panthers getting Bobby Slowik than Harbaugh or Bellichick. Ben Johnson with Drake Maye and all those weapons? Washington would be my early pick for NFC East winner. And Slowik definitely has the potential to turn Bryce completely around. Slowik/ Stroud was probably the most impressive QB/OC combo in the league this year. 

Would be hard for me to see Slowik take that CAR job. If that was his only option, why not stay in HOU another year where Stroud can improve more and your prospects to be a HC skyrocket. The CAR job is brutal.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Justwinning said:

Would be hard for me to see Slowik take that CAR job. If that was his only option, why not stay in HOU another year where Stroud can improve more and your prospects to be a HC skyrocket. The CAR job is brutal.

You have to be desperate to take the Carolina job. That’s like HC suicide.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Let’s hope he’s the exception and not the standard.

Really hate that people (not you) are citing the records of previous interim coaches as a reason to expect AP to fail. Most of them were wet noodles who teams just tabbed them as HC with zero expectations. AP definitely showed more given the context of his situation.

Edited by Justwinning