Raiders hire Antonio Pierce as Head Coach

3 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I'm fine with it. Much better off than the JMD hire. That being said, Harbaugh would have been my choice and not interviewing Vrabel/Harbaugh at the minimum was a mistake. The OC hire is the most important thing moving forward.

GM as well, interesting that we hired a head coach before a GM, again. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I'm fine with it. Much better off than the JMD hire. That being said, Harbaugh would have been my choice and not interviewing Vrabel/Harbaugh at the minimum was a mistake. The OC hire is the most important thing moving forward.

Pretty much agree word for word with this. I like Pierce, and I hope he will prove the doubters (yes, me included) very wrong.

It seems like the “hold up” this week, as alluded to by Josina a few days ago, was around the offensive coaching staff. I’m guess AP originally went in saying he was running it back with Bo and co., but Mark’s hiring committee thought lol nope. Hence a few days of AP sourcing out some upgrades on that side of the ball. And I hope he makes some good decisions here.

That said, there have been some big flaws in this process. Yet again we’ve gone HC before GM despite suggestions we wouldn’t do that again. We’ve also locked in on Pierce without interviewing any serious other candidate, directly contradicting what Mark said he would do. We just come across as such an amateur franchise when we do this kind of stuff.

Looking forward to seeing what we can do in the staff hires, the draft and FA.

• Like 2

I like this move. End of season showed the team plays for him, we put out a competent defense for the first time in forever, two signature wins.  Not the big name hire, but in my opinion was the right hire. 

Offensive coordinator will be a huge hire, and whoever is GM will have to find a QB, but I like the foundation that has been built. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Totty said:

Before Harbaugh got his first NFL HC opportunity, someone had to take a chance on him.  

Look at it this way, say AP sucks, are we worse off than before his hire?  I don't think we are. 

Someone did, San Diego State and Stanford.

Are we better off with this hire? I don't think we are.

14 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

Please hire Dodds. 

It seems like the fact that they haven't hired Kelly yet indicates that Mark Davis wants to hire Dodds but he couldn't hire any other coach, but Antonio Pierce because of the players

• Like 2