Raiders hire Antonio Pierce as Head Coach

20 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

If we keep Champ as GM that was going to be his hire anyways, not a big deal there. If it's Dodds or someone else then they would have signed off on AP obviously if they take our GM job too.

Say AP don't work out. Are we blowing out the whole building again? I have no problem with the AP hire. But to not hire the gm first and make it a clear power structure. We going have the same reports we had with mcd and Zeigler about who wanted what qb and who actually wanted this free agent. 

It won't matter if the both are good at the job like in San fran. But our owner out his own mouth said I want to do this right way. Get a gm in here first. I don't understand if it was going to be Dobbs or Kelly why couldn't they have been announced first. 

I've been saying the process is important and this look very similar to all the past times he hired someone. The difference is this time, this is what players and fans wanted. 

• Like 1

Not a fan of it. My original reaction to this is the interim effect wears off and we win 5 games. I also think Graham will become a Head Coach who is the main reason we had a great defense with his amazing scheme.

Of course I will get myself pumped up in a few days… but this is my original reaction. Hope I’m wrong. 

Edited by Tank4Drake

58 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I will wish AP and Kelly the best, I think it was the right hire. But hopefully they can prove me wrong. 

I feel similar, I’m assuming you meant to say it wasn’t the right hire.

Harbaugh was obviously my first choice but I like Pierce as a man, he was thrown in and possibly deserved a chance. He couldn’t really have dove much more in his audition. I really disliked the Gruden and McDaniels hires so I think it’s much better than those, at a minimum I think we’ll be tough and difficult to beat but AP’s success as others have said will rely on how he goes about filling out the offence coaching staff.

• Like 1

Mark Davis and Jerry Jones, the kings of hiring HC before GM. Mark is scarred for life since his GM picked Allen. I feel he’s always going to pick the HC forever now. And he’s legit the worst owner in the league at picking Head Coaches. He has no mind for football. 

Hyped for AP, earned the job and has the players' respect and the fans' respect. Really happy for him and the level of culture and continuity. Hopefully PG is brought back soon. Bo gone, it'll be interesting to see who is brought in for OC. 

Said it in the other thread before I saw this one--is Marvin Lewis being brought on in an offensive role? Glad he's on board either way, and not surprising given his advisor role he played for AP. I do wonder if Gase makes his way onto the staff.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Players making decisions typically doesn’t work out well. Hiring AP was an emotional decision all around. 

But I will root for AP to do well. 

Exactly my thoughts. 

I don’t think it’s a good hiring. I think players making decisions always ends up terrible. 

But this is my team. I will cope and hope I am wrong. If I’m wrong? Awesome!

Edited by Tank4Drake
  • Like 1