Steelers 2024 NFL Draft Prospects

4 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

As a 40+ year diabetic that played sports regularly,  I can say this shouldn't be an issue. If he had issues with control,  I have to assume it was due to marurity (i.e. partying and eating crap...). There's too much technology and new medicines nowadays for this to be an issue. But, he must be committed. Maybe that's the concern. 

I know this from a cousin that had a pump and played basketball in college, now works for a sports franchise - even the top end schools don’t do as much individualized meals as you would thing.  The franchise he works for now does it even for the staff.  He’s lost like 30 pounds, gained energy, and was more productive.

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

I know this from a cousin that had a pump and played basketball in college, now works for a sports franchise - even the top end schools don’t do as much individualized meals as you would thing.  The franchise he works for now does it even for the staff.  He’s lost like 30 pounds, gained energy, and was more productive.

That's awesome. They even have smaller "pumps" that don't have hoses coming out of them. They just stick on your arm. Not to mention constant blood glucose monitors combined in it that alert your phone when you're going too high or low. I swear, I forget I have most of the time. Now, those things won't work on game day. They'd fall off. But they will keep him in control the rest of the time. They've come a long way since the 80's when they were using pig insulin. :S

1 hour ago, Chieferific said:

As a 40+ year diabetic that played sports regularly,  I can say this shouldn't be an issue. If he had issues with control,  I have to assume it was due to marurity (i.e. partying and eating crap...). There's too much technology and new medicines nowadays for this to be an issue. But, he must be committed. Maybe that's the concern. 

Part of the rumor was that he was really irresponsible about it and didn’t manage it as well as he should. I’m assuming part of that was partying and eating like crap.

It was more of a sign of immaturity in the way he managed his diabetes than the diabetes itself being an issue. That was my interpretation anyway.

Edited by bigben07MVP

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills, but I'd MUCH rather have Xavier Worthy than AD Mitchell. Even 1 to 1, let alone Worthy in the 2nd vs Mitchell in the 1st. I want a guy that can actually get open, not just be a bully. I'd also take Brian Thomas over Mitchell. 

• Like 1

I was listening to a podcast (Footballers?) and they said they like Thomas but he was a body catcher. I've watched some highlight videos and while there were some body catching it didn't see prevalent. Is this a known issue for him/ 

21 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills, but I'd MUCH rather have Xavier Worthy than AD Mitchell. Even 1 to 1, let alone Worthy in the 2nd vs Mitchell in the 1st. I want a guy that can actually get open, not just be a bully. I'd also take Brian Thomas over Mitchell. 

It depends what you want. Worthy will need a creative offensive coordinator to scheme him open and to get free releases. He is going to struggle mightly with any corner who can get his hands on him and he is not a great contested catch guy. AD Mitchell should be able to line up at X and beat NFL corners by himself. 

I saw a mock that had Worthy to the Rams at 19 and holy cow that would be a really fun fit. 

57 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

It depends what you want. Worthy will need a creative offensive coordinator to scheme him open and to get free releases. He is going to struggle mightly with any corner who can get his hands on him and he is not a great contested catch guy. AD Mitchell should be able to line up at X and beat NFL corners by himself. 

I saw a mock that had Worthy to the Rams at 19 and holy cow that would be a really fun fit. 

We do not have a creative OC.  We have Arthur Smith.  Everyone blocks and we run the ball so that we can PA.

21 minutes ago, jebrick said:

We do not have a creative OC.  We have Arthur Smith.  Everyone blocks and we run the ball so that we can PA.

I think he has some creative run concepts and is the most creative OC we’ve had since Haley. But I agree - Worthy is about as bad of a fit here as any of the top WRs in this class. 

4 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

Worthy is one of the better route runners in this class. His speed makes people look at him with blinders. He's every bit the route runner that Zay Flowers is.