Steelers 2024 NFL Draft Prospects

4 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I mean, that costs a 4th rounder basically.  I dunno.  I'm not super high on Latham but I still have him as a top 5 OT in this draft (Alt, Olu, Fuaga, Mims, Latham in order to be specific).  So I would absolutely do that because then you know for 10 years you have the bookends of your line locked in and you got two elite guys  who can own the edges on an island.

Meh, it would be a 3rd rdr I think and I'd be fine staying put and taking Fisher in the 3rd. 

16 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

Meh, it would be a 3rd rdr I think and I'd be fine staying put and taking Fisher in the 3rd. 

Fisher isn't day 1 ready, heck he might be your "swing tackle" in year 1 (realistically if something happens to Moore it's Jones moving and Fisher into RT).  I know it's a ton of change but I'm more in favor of just starting the year with Jones at LT rather than having to move him later in the year.

1 hour ago, Chieferific said:

Fwiw, I listened to this podcast and it came off WAY more speculative than what it is being made out to be on twitter. Brugler was only the first part of the quote, the part about them being over taking bad character faller was from Matt Harmon, who is not a draft/sources guy at all. 

32 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Fwiw, I listened to this podcast and it came off WAY more speculative than what it is being made out to be on twitter. Brugler was only the first part of the quote, the part about them being over taking bad character faller was from Matt Harmon, who is not a draft/sources guy at all. 

They do have a better pulse on some of this stuff than say NFL Stock Exchange or even Locked On’s NFL draft. I feel like so much of it is bad because there are so few reporters these guys actually talk to from Pitt and they all get some of the worse information. 

18 minutes ago, warfelg said:

They do have a better pulse on some of this stuff than say NFL Stock Exchange or even Locked On’s NFL draft. I feel like so much of it is bad because there are so few reporters these guys actually talk to from Pitt and they all get some of the worse information. 

Brugler definitely does, Harmon is more of a WR guru/fantasy guy. 

And I wasn’t even challenging their credibility, more so their intentions. I don’t think Brugler or Harmon were trying to fire off some hot take that Thomas under no circumstances would fall lower than the Steelers or something. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jebrick said:

I would put money that the 1st round pick is in the Oline.  Even if Thomas is there

if they don't land a vet via trade, I am leaning to Thomas.  I would prefer OL, but if they are that serious about getting a legit WR1, then if the trade doesn't happen, the draft will. 

I would prefer Fuatanu/Fuaga  and then Frazier.  Problem with this is, what if GP gets hurt or even IR'd?  Who will catch passes or will the team just run that much more

8 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Bleacher Report

I’m aware. I just enjoy the fun of silly season reports. Especially after years of basically knowing who in the first and a Wr in the second.