Steelers 2024 NFL Draft Prospects

30 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

I just don’t know how he fits here. I know everyone says he can play “all 5 spots” but he never played RT in college

I know this doesn't mean a whole lot, but he was blocking for a lefty QB. So he was the blindside guy. Plus, if he can only play on the left, then play him there and Jones at RT. Either way, I think our run blocking is going to improve by a large margin with him. 

2 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I know this doesn't mean a whole lot, but he was blocking for a lefty QB. So he was the blindside guy. Plus, if he can only play on the left, then play him there and Jones at RT. Either way, I think our run blocking is going to improve by a large margin with him. 

He actually started 2 seasons at LT and one at LG so he wasn’t protecting Penix’s blind side. 

That’s what I’m saying - I want a guy with RT experience preferably. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

He actually started 2 seasons at LT and one at LG so he wasn’t protecting Penix’s blind side. 

That’s what I’m saying - I want a guy with RT experience preferably. 

Yeah, that's right. It got all jumbled up in my head. 

1 hour ago, bigben07MVP said:

https://x.com/circasports/status/1779929169658589221?s=46&t=qcRuXjH2St1oLeP8Aph7Og

A bunch of prospects over/unders were just released. Among OL:

JPJ - 30.5

Fashanu - 14.5

Fuaga - 12.5

Latham - 14.5

Barton - 23.5

Mims - 24.5

So, and I do largely agree with the above ratings though I’ve mocked it differently here and there, the choice would be between Barton, JPJ, Mims, and WR/CB. Unless CB Mitchell is available or a top 3 WR falls to 20, it seems, in all honesty, I wouldn’t know what to do…lol…Barton? He is the most sure thing, but his projection to center is not. Wow. This is good stuff though, on point largely. Trade down and take Frazier, I’ll stick with that. DeJean is a wild card…

9 minutes ago, rlon said:

So, and I do largely agree with the above ratings though I’ve mocked it differently here and there, the choice would be between Barton, JPJ, Mims, and WR/CB. Unless CB Mitchell is available or a top 3 WR falls to 20, it seems, in all honesty, I wouldn’t know what to do…lol…Barton? He is the most sure thing, but his projection to center is not. Wow. This is good stuff though, on point largely. Trade down and take Frazier, I’ll stick with that. DeJean is a wild card…

For me it’s pretty easy

1. Trade Down

2. Mims 

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

Prepped for Graham Barton FYI. 

I said that 2 weeks ago and then Pauline just dropped a report of teams around the NFL believing hell be their pick.

Everything is coming up Barton now….Kiper was one of the first to say he’d be the Steelers pick. I don’t know whether or not to give Mel credit or to interpret this as proof it won’t be that player…lol. He makes sense at 1-20 though…

I really struggle to see them pass on one of the OTs or CBs that will probably make it to 20.  Unless you believe Barton (or one of the other OCs) is a generational talent you can’t pass on one of these higher value picks. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Blitzburgh said:

I really struggle to see them pass on one of the OTs or CBs that will probably make it to 20.  Unless you believe Barton (or one of the other OCs) is a generational talent you can’t pass on one of these higher value picks. 

That’s what I believe too, but maybe the FO does see him as a generational talent?