Steelers 2024 NFL Draft Prospects

6 minutes ago, skywlker32 said:

I know the draft sims are not accurate to real world at all, but in doing a few of these I think we end up going with OT in the first and OC in the second based on value. Does this seem like a fair expectation?

Why worry about perceived team weaknesses and just get the best available talent? That's how you make your team better. Grab the 3rd ranked Center/Tackle because you need one or grab the best available CB/WR? You have 7 selections to address your immediate needs so don't rush to fill one. At least that's how I like to operate.

• Like 2

Just now, armsteeld said:

Why worry about perceived team weaknesses and just get the best available talent? That's how you make your team better. Grab the 3rd ranked Center/Tackle because you need one or grab the best available CB/WR? You have 7 selections to address your immediate needs so don't rush to fill one. At least that's how I like to operate.

They still have to be needs, but for the most part I agree. I was just seeing for the most part OT being value in the first and OC being the value in the second.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, skywlker32 said:

I know the draft sims are not accurate to real world at all, but in doing a few of these I think we end up going with OT in the first and OC in the second based on value. Does this seem like a fair expectation?

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if that’s how it shook out. 

40 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

I would say that the WR/CB prospects that should be available at 20 aren't any better than some of the OT prospects. I'd take Mims and Latham over Brian Thomas or Adonai Mitchell, as well as Rakestraw and Dejean. If Mims and Latham are gone, then I'd take those CBs and WRs. Guyton is maybe working himself into the Mims/Latham discussion. I want a guy that has the potential to be elite. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I would say that the WR/CB prospects that should be available at 20 aren't any better than some of the OT prospects. I'd take Mims and Latham over Brian Thomas or Adonai Mitchell, as well as Rakestraw and Dejean. If Mims and Latham are gone, then I'd take those CBs and WRs. Guyton is maybe working himself into the Mims/Latham discussion. I want a guy that has the potential to be elite. 

Especially at pick 20 and 541. Those should be day 1 contributors.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

This is what I was seeing in the first. Also, if the reports are true that OL is likely the target in the first, the value would seem to be at OT. That leaves likely one of the top OC being there in the second or a trade up from the 3rd.

18 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

List of players attending NFL draft.

That’s how many should be there. I think after getting to nearly 25 players they’ve realized it’s better to have fewer. 

https://x.com/jagibbs_23/status/1778547042660364440?s=46&t=qcRuXjH2St1oLeP8Aph7Og

Johnny Wilson was the most efficient WR in this class against man coverage in 2022 (when himself and his QB were healthy the entire season and before FSU brought in Keon Coleman) and people think he should switch to TE. 

He’s 6-6 with the longest wingspan recorded ever by a WR in combine history and ran a 4.52 at 231 lbs. Oh and he can block better than a lot of the top ranked TEs in this class.

Edited by bigben07MVP

3 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

https://x.com/jagibbs_23/status/1778547042660364440?s=46&t=qcRuXjH2St1oLeP8Aph7Og

Johnny Wilson was the most efficient WR in this class against man coverage in 2022 (when himself and his QB was healthy the entire season and before FSU brought in Keon Coleman) and people think he should switch to TE. 

He’s 6-6 with the longest wingspan recorded ever by a WR in combine history and ran a 4.52 at 231 lbs. Oh and he can block better than a lot of the top ranked TEs in this class.

drops a lot of easy ones

Brandon Thorn via X

As I finish the later round OL prospects this class the center group has become the clear-cut best I’ve seen over the last four drafts of watching all the OL.

Over their rookie contracts, I don’t think it’s crazy to say we can see as many as 10 guys start games at the pivot.

BRandon Thorn is the 2nd (Duke Manyweather 1st) best talent evaluator when it comes to OL and trench play. His words carry weight even in the NFL. Plenty of quality options at Center in this class. Ignore mainstream draft pundits.