Steelers 2024 NFL Draft Prospects

Could (in any way, shape or form) drafting Barton put Connor Williams in play to sign and take over for him starting OC by week 5…and subsequently for Barton to compete with Moore at LT? Is this a chess piece or a center? Just thinking outside the box a little here…33 inch arms are not bad (score me 32 and 7/8ths). 

1 hour ago, rlon said:

Could (in any way, shape or form) drafting Barton put Connor Williams in play to sign and take over for him starting OC by week 5…and subsequently for Barton to compete with Moore at LT? Is this a chess piece or a center? Just thinking outside the box a little here…33 inch arms are not bad (score me 32 and 7/8ths). 

I don’t think Barton has a future in the NFL at OT from everything I’ve heard/read

• Like 2

Looking over players and the more I want to trade down…I know easier said than done but man do I really like picks 20-50 or so.

Maybe a QB falls or something.

Arizona is a prime target with pick 27 and 3 3rd rounders…66-71-90

Don’t know how it stacks up trade value wise on the different charts but 20 for 27 and 66 would be very tempting for me.

1 hour ago, bigben07MVP said:

I don’t think Barton has a future in the NFL at OT from everything I’ve heard/read

Yeah, and no one thought:

KELVIN BEACHUM

SMU

T

Prospect Info

COLLEGE

SMU

HOMETOWN

CLASS

- -

- -

HEIGHT

6’ 3’’

WEIGHT

303 lbs

ARM

33 1/4’’

HAND

9 3/8’’

Prospect Grade

59Below Avg

View All Prospects

2012 Draft Results

2 hours ago, rlon said:

I don’t hate the idea. Apparently he’s very technical, so he might be able to play some OT. He’s also got enough athleticism it seems. At least from testing.

8 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I don’t hate the idea. Apparently he’s very technical, so he might be able to play some OT. He’s also got enough athleticism it seems. At least from testing.

I just bring it up as a discussion point. Not really sure how I feel about it. His athleticism is off the charts.

• Like 1

The 33rd Team 7 round mock for Steelers by Marcus Mosher.

20 - Cooper DeJean CB/S Iowa

51 - Xavier Legette WR South Carolina

84 - Sedrick Van Pran C Georgia

98 - Matt Goncalves OT Pittsburgh

119 - Kalen King CB Penn State

178 - Javon Solomon EDGE Troy

195 - Kenny Gallop S Howard

28 minutes ago, warfelg said:

The 33rd Team 7 round mock for Steelers by Marcus Mosher.

20 - Cooper DeJean CB/S Iowa

51 - Xavier Legette WR South Carolina

84 - Sedrick Van Pran C Georgia

98 - Matt Goncalves OT Pittsburgh

119 - Kalen King CB Penn State

178 - Javon Solomon EDGE Troy

195 - Kenny Gallop S Howard

OK up to 84. King is DND for me, and I would hope we could get a higher ceiling tackle at 98.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rlon said:

I just bring it up as a discussion point. Not really sure how I feel about it. His athleticism is off the charts.

I think if we draft him, we won't be signing Conner Williams. I think Barton could turn into a very good C. I think he's by far the best in the draft. Maybe a guy like Cole or Brian Allen, just to ease Barton's position change. I think Barton has a good chance of being a top tier C. 

I think we’ve also fallen asleep on Keon Coleman, as we talk about receivers. He has great size and athleticism, and when he was running fly routes at the combine he hit one of the fastest speeds. He is also young…could be a great value.

13 hours ago, skywlker32 said:

Reading about Barton makes me uneasy about selecting him. A lot of discussion of how he can play pretty much any OL spot, but not much about being great at any one position.

He has the tools to be great across the line.  He came into Duke as a highly rated C prospect.  He was so good and athletic, by far an away their best OL, so they tried to play him at LT and he was highly successful.  He's got really oily hips for OL, really athletic, great hand placement, run blocks with aggression, plays with heavy hands, get pass pro sets.  His thing that holds him back at OT is arm length.  If you take his RAS score he's in the top 15% or OT's if you take arm length out, top 5% of OG's with arm length, top 1% of C's.

Really I've only seen 2 other OL prospects get talked about in a similar way to Barton right now - Rashawn Slater and James Daniels.  One is great and one is really really good.

• Like 1

https://x.com/billym_91/status/1780544832189907194?s=46&t=qcRuXjH2St1oLeP8Aph7Og

Telling you guys do not be shocked when AD Mitchell falls on draft day. Saw this report and another today that I cannot find that suggested he bombed the WR drills at the combine.

In a stacked WR class, teams will just go with the WR who isn’t littered with red flags, no matter how good of a talent he is. Like they did with Pickens.

Edited by bigben07MVP