Steelers 2024 NFL Draft Prospects

24 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

BRandon Thorn is the 2nd (Duke Manyweather 1st) best talent evaluator when it comes to OL and trench play. His words carry weight even in the NFL. Plenty of quality options at Center in this class. Ignore mainstream draft pundits.

Duke also questions why Steelers fans are so eager to give up on Moore.  Not saying he's wrong here.

Also Thorn saying 10 starters - I find that hard to buy.  First that would be the greatest C class of all time if that happens.  And 2 many of them will have a chance to start once.  I think we get 5 out of it, and I think 2 of the top 3 (ignoring Barton) become what we thought, and 1 or 2 of the lower guys surprise us.

20 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Duke also questions why Steelers fans are so eager to give up on Moore.  Not saying he's wrong here.

Well I mean he was the worst pass blocking LT in the league last year so there’s that.

4 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Well I mean he was the worst pass blocking LT in the league last year so there’s that.

I meant that in terms of saying the C class is deep.  But yea Duke has a lot of personal relationships with these guys pre and during career and it often clouts his objectivity.

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

A lot of the guys on this list came from stacked offenses with one or more NFL guys they were sharing the offense with. (Johnny Wilson, Polk, Coleman, Thomas Jr, McConkey, Mitchell). And then Burton and Roman Wilson were on extremely run heavy teams. 

I think this is a reflection of the transfer portal era. 

1 minute ago, bigben07MVP said:

A lot of the guys on this list came from stacked offenses with one or more NFL guys they were sharing the offense with. (Johnny Wilson, Polk, Coleman, Thomas Jr, McConkey, Mitchell). And then Burton and Roman Wilson were on extremely run heavy teams. 

I think this is a reflection of the transfer portal era. 

I’d like to see target share and qb play factored in because of Corley. 

Penn St Center Hunter Nourzad was getting some love on another Steelers message board i check out sometimes.

From what I gathered he’s pretty athletic…anyone else got info on him?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AFF said:

Penn St Center Hunter Nourzad was getting some love on another Steelers message board i check out sometimes.

From what I gathered he’s pretty athletic…anyone else got info on him?

Athletic. I feel like he’s that fringe of ok enough starter but you wouldn’t stop to replace him. Came from a run based system. Will likely stop guys but won’t be why you create push. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

Athletic. I feel like he’s that fringe of ok enough starter but you wouldn’t stop to replace him. Came from a run based system. Will likely stop guys but won’t be why you create push. 

I was curious as I haven’t had a chance to watch him really.

I was reading mostly a 3rd -4th round type.

On 4/12/2024 at 1:57 PM, skywlker32 said:

The biggest takeaway always IMO.

The Steelers have more cap space now, as well as next year. They also have a higher first round pick to swap in giving up a day two pick.

I think Nourzad is the best of the “second tier” of C. I like how long his arms are, his overall size too. He also looked pretty good as a center last year even though it was his first year. He’s played T, G, and C. Transfer from Cornell, so he should be smart. I think I’d take him in the 3rd over Frazier, Barton, or JPJ in the 1st.