Steelers 2024 NFL Draft Prospects

32 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Only Barton will go in the first, and if he does it’s a late pick. 

Only Barton should go in the first, but what will happen in reality is debatable.

Edited by rlon

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

Only Barton will go in the first, and if he does it’s a late pick. 

Things could be breaking Kahn's way when it comes to filling those roster holes. We could possibly come out of the draft with an elite OT or CB, a moldable potential OT, an above average starter at C, an above average WR or an elite one in Aiyuk, and a good developmental DL guy. That's just with our picks in the first 4 rounds. Or maybe a potential contributor at ILB or S. I still kind of want to sign Brian Allen or Connor Williams, just to make sure all the bases are covered. Also, I know it's not the thread for this, but I don't love the idea of starting the year with a rookie C, unless he's just a place filler until Connor Williams comes back. 

10 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Things could be breaking Kahn's way when it comes to filling those roster holes. We could possibly come out of the draft with an elite OT or CB, a moldable potential OT, an above average starter at C, an above average WR or an elite one in Aiyuk, and a good developmental DL guy. That's just with our picks in the first 4 rounds. Or maybe a potential contributor at ILB or S. I still kind of want to sign Brian Allen or Connor Williams, just to make sure all the bases are covered. Also, I know it's not the thread for this, but I don't love the idea of starting the year with a rookie C, unless he's just a place filler until Connor Williams comes back. 

Theyre going to resign Cole after the draft.

15 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I'd rather bring in someone else. Cole was really bad. I think we need a change. 

I don’t disagree.

However especially if they don’t draft a center til say the 3rd or 4th…Bortollini or Nouzrad, they’re probably not starting him right away.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2024 at 7:01 PM, rlon said:

The Steelers have more cap space now, as well as next year. They also have a higher first round pick to swap in giving up a day two pick.

Did you quote the wrong person or are you protecting something weird onto me?

3 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I'd rather bring in someone else. Cole was really bad. I think we need a change. 

I could live with Cole starting day 1 if they land a stud RT in round 1, which would upgrade two spots. It’s not ideal but you can get by with one weak link on the o-line. 

12 hours ago, skywlker32 said:

Did you quote the wrong person or are you protecting something weird onto me?

Nothing weird, no projection, just an error…was responding in the context of our advantage over Buffalo if a certain receiver really only wants to be traded to one of the two teams.

Edited by rlon
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

That'd be ideal for me. I think he could go somewhere in the teens. 

I just don’t know how he fits here. I know everyone says he can play “all 5 spots” but he never played RT in college and I’ve seen more than one draft expert I trust compared him to Mike Iupati who was an all-pro guard which threw me off.

I feel the same about Fuaga somewhat as well where Jon Ledyard and Derrick Bell both said they don’t see it at all with him as an OT in the NFL. 

Both of these guys seem like they will be great NFL players it’s just a matter of where and that gives me some (a very small amount) of pause. Part of me just says go draft the 6-8 mammoth who looks like he was born to play right tackle in the NFL (Mims).