Free Agency 2024

If we traded anything other than a 7th, I will be disappointed. Joe Mixon is a 27 year RB on a 1 year deal whom the Bengals didnt want to keep. Granted I like what he brings to our team and he has potential out of the backfield to catch the ball, I think that sending a 4th rounder would be insanely overpaying for him. 

but it is what it is at this point. Hopefully its a 7th or even a 2025 6th. 

• Like 2

Just now, Pastor Dillon said:

If we traded anything other than a 7th, I will be disappointed. Joe Mixon is a 27 year RB on a 1 year deal whom the Bengals didnt want to keep. Granted I like what he brings to our team and he has potential out of the backfield to catch the ball, I think that sending a 4th rounder would be insanely overpaying for him. 

but it is what it is at this point. Hopefully its a 7th or even a 2025 6th. 

I'll be shocked if its anything other than a 7th this year.  We dont have a 6th in 2025 so far. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, LORK88 said:

Not a fan. He's good for one or two blowup games, then 5-6 mediocre performances. He's consistently inconsistent. 

I do hope this means a RB is taken by day 2 to be the guy in waiting. 

34 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Not a fan. He's good for one or two blowup games, then 5-6 mediocre performances. He's consistently inconsistent. 

I do hope this means a RB is taken by day 2 to be the guy in waiting. 

Most definitely means a RB is taken early. Possibly one with juice to take a 5yd run to the house. Wright from Tenn fits that. 

• Like 1

I like it. He's a pretty safe bet for 80 yfs per game and knows how to get in the end zone. Isn't as explosive as when he was younger but doesn't look done yet. He certainly isn't a world beater but he is more than enough especially since we are a passing team, and he can catch it out of the backfield. Aside from Saquon and Jacobs I don't know that I'd have had any of the FA RBs over him.

• Like 2

Looking at this free agency makes me believe this will he an offensive draft for the Texans unless a stud DT or CB drops to the 20 range. Even so, a Byron Murphy could be #23 and then offense the rest of the draft. 

Yeah I don't love this trade. Just looking at his production alone, it's fine but also at this point in his career with his workload, running backs start to fall off a cliff. There are exceptions to the rule of course (like Henry) but I feel like Mixon is not an exception. I could see this being a Todd Gurley/Steven Jackson in Atlanta situation. In addition to that, you have his off-the-field stuff, so I would have just rather paid Henry a very similar amount. Alas, if Henry was always going to Balt, Mixon was the best of the remaining options. 

3 minutes ago, Marco79 said:

Yeah I don't love this trade. Just looking at his production alone, it's fine but also at this point in his career with his workload, running backs start to fall off a cliff. There are exceptions to the rule of course (like Henry) but I feel like Mixon is not an exception. I could see this being a Todd Gurley/Steven Jackson in Atlanta situation. In addition to that, you have his off-the-field stuff, so I would have just rather paid Henry a very similar amount. Alas, if Henry was always going to Balt, Mixon was the best of the remaining options. 

I never understood why Henry made sense here.  He isnt a good fit in the offense we run.  Mixon definitely is.  Plus its a 1 year deal.  It's worth the risk.