Free Agency 2024

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

I'm with you on Greenard, but I'd rather keep Cashman and let Motor walk. I think that there's going to be a real reckoning at RB in FA - top guys such as Barkley, Jacobs and such are going to get deals (not very big deals mind you, maybe $8-9mm AAV) then there's going to be a long wait between the 2/3 tier guys getting contracts. 

Motor is good but I wouldn't consider him part of that top tier of guys available. I'd argue you could get more productive guys such as Zack Moss or D'Andre Swift for as much as Singletary.

So the more I look at it...

Who was running behind elite / very good OL? Swift (PHI), Pollard (DAL - yuck), Edwards (BAL), Moss (IND)

Who was running for their life? Barkley (NYG), Jacobs (LV)

Count me in on Barkley, Swift, Motor

Doubling down on us signing a big free agent on the DL, even though that seems obvious at this point. Wilkins is still very much in play, but another name keeps popping up: Danielle Hunter. Something to keep an eye on in the upcoming days. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, LORK88 said:

Doubling down on us signing a big free agent on the DL, even though that seems obvious at this point. Wilkins is still very much in play, but another name keeps popping up: Danielle Hunter. Something to keep an eye on in the upcoming days. 

I would love either of those two.  I would prefer Hunter since he plays a more premium position but Wilkins is an impactful player.  I saw on twitter just now his contract could be around 100 mil.  Do you think we will shell that much cash for him? 

Edited by Texansfan713
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

I would love either of those two.  I would prefer Hunter since he plays a more premium position but Wilkins is an impactful player.  I saw on twitter just now his contract could be around 100 mil.  Do you think we will shell that much cash for him? 

No clue what we'd offer him or what he'll get, but if it's a 4 or 5 year deal, I could personally see it getting up there. It's tough becuase it's still all relative speculation, so I'm trying to find the common pieces and sift through some of the randomness. The constant pieces for FA I've seen has been DLine (Wilkins included) and RB, but the second group of guys (Jacobs, Swift, Motor, Pollard, etc). I asked again on Saquon and the message is still the same (too pricey, we like what we can get for cheaper). I'm less confident in FA than the draft because of how many moving pieces there are, but it'll be interesting to see. 

• Like 3

The Schultz numbers are in. 

cap hit this season is 8 million this year and 14 million next year. Can be cut in year 3 for just 2.5 million in dead money. 

very team friendly deal. Probably designed to be restructured after this year if he goes well, and if not then we are on the hook next year and then we move on. 

I like it  

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

The Schultz numbers are in. 

cap hit this season is 8 million this year and 14 million next year. Can be cut in year 3 for just 2.5 million in dead money. 

very team friendly deal. Probably designed to be restructured after this year if he goes well, and if not then we are on the hook next year and then we move on. 

I like it  

I agree - with the numbers you shared. (TY btw)

Almost begs the question tho - could they have done something sooner to avoid the dead cap $$$?

4 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

We resigned Desmond King to a 1 year deal. I don’t hate it. Haven’t seen the numbers but can’t be much. 

edit: 1.8 million 

we are close to resigning Eric Murray and Khalil Davis too.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:
12 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

we are close to resigning Eric Murray and Khalil Davis too.

Hopefully on cheap deals for depth guys 

I doubt either is getting anything beyond vet minimum for their position, our bargain bin shopping is now a function of depth...