Free Agency 2024

16 minutes ago, LORK88 said:

Low chance it happens now, too expensive. We're looking at the next tier down which is surprisingly a lot cheaper than Barkley (Jacobs, Pollard, Swift). Still looking to bring back Motor and have it be a committee. Swift we had interest in trading for at the draft. 

Awwww man.... gotta trust Lork on this

Do feel like Barkley trying to use Texans as leverage to get a deal from NY / NJ Giants.  He was born in Bronx & grew up 2 hours from Meadowlands. Sssoooo lots of ties to the NY/NJ area.

Snoopy Woodstock In Rain GIF | GIFDB.com

Edited by jch1911

I read on one site that the price of signing Greenard is going to be 3/47.5 million. I would do it. Having 2 pass rushers like that would be fantastic, and who wants to let home grown talent walk away when our 2 best defenders are already on rookie deals. 

We do have the franchise tag, which would pay him 21 million. There is no need to do that if we can resign him for cheaper. 

let Rankins walk and replace him early in the draft and with a vet free agent. 

12 hours ago, jch1911 said:

Awwww man.... gotta trust Lork on this

Do feel like Barkley trying to use Texans as leverage to get a deal from NY / NJ Giants.  He was born in Bronx & grew up 2 hours from Meadowlands. Sssoooo lots of ties to the NY/NJ area.

Snoopy Woodstock In Rain GIF | GIFDB.com

Still a possibility, but I feel pretty confident that he won't be a Texan unless he drastically lowers his price. We like the lower ragnge FAs the most, not a fan of the RBs in the draft either. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I read on one site that the price of signing Greenard is going to be 3/47.5 million. I would do it. Having 2 pass rushers like that would be fantastic, and who wants to let home grown talent walk away when our 2 best defenders are already on rookie deals. 

We do have the franchise tag, which would pay him 21 million. There is no need to do that if we can resign him for cheaper. 

let Rankins walk and replace him early in the draft and with a vet free agent. 

JG wants to get PAID which could be problematic. If he walks, Dorance Armstrong is very much a player of interest. 

• Like 2

Interesting thought:

So players take this survey (and subsequent results) seriously. So, that being said...

https://nflpa.com/houston-texans-report-card-2024
7th out of 32, with high marks for coaching, food services and dietician. Another feather in the cap... to go along with our exciting QB on a rookie deal, a very nice chunk of cap space to spend and no state income tax.

I am starting to buy into the notion that this franchise might be a desirable destination.

• Like 1

Hmm... Singletary, Mattison, Pierce and maybe a home run threat like Tennessee RB Jaylen Wright in the 4th?

Combined this is probably a cheaper option than Saquan, with a collective performance that would equal what Saquan does.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PAtexansFAN_99 said:

Apparently L'Jarius Sneed is allowed to seek a trade. I think we should do it. I'd trade #23 for him, assuming the contract would make sense. Sneed and Stingley would be the best CB duo in the league!

I was thinking along those lines... but it's probably #23 + other capital + new contract.  

I was pondering if the better route was reasonable vet + draft with intent to groom rookie to play next to Sting next year (or year after).

But I totally get it.  I was hoping franchise tag on Jones making Sneed available, but alas was not meant to be.

• Like 2

The new contract goes without saying, and if anyone can afford it then so can we. I agree, it's probably #23+. I would probably do like a next year 3rd or #128  in addition to #23. 

Not sure how much that'd cost moneywise, I'm guessing 20-25 mil/year, maybe like a 2-3 year deal, then I think we should really try to make sure we don't lose Greenard. I really don't think the price is going to get too crazy, I think he'll probably end up at around just shy of 20 mil/year. Bring in those two guys, then calm down. Try to resign as many of our own good players at the best possible prices and bringer in some depth guys. Draft priorities (assuming we bring back Cashman and Schultz) become RB, IDL, S.

I think we could find a game changer at RB without our frp (my current favorites are Johnathan Brooks and Braelon Allen), and a guy like Ruke Orhorhoro or Calen Bullock in the third. NO WEAKNESSES!