2023 NFC Championship: 3) Detroit Lions @ 1) San Francisco 49ers

notthatbluestuff

Who wins the NFC?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the NFC?

• Detroit Lions
    • San Francisco 49ers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/28/2024 at 11:40 PM

10 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Damn. Hell of a championship game comeback. My allegiance was tested for sure. I hate losing in NFC title games more than even the Super Bowl. 

Hard to imagine the 49ers D holding up against Mahomes, but another chance is another chance. 

Props to the Lions. Hell of a season. Honestly surprised they didn't win the game with the first half leverage they had. 

KC's defence is legit too, can't forget about them

3 minutes ago, Psychlone said:

Same people complaining now would be saying we lost because he was too cautious if he went for the FG. It's football.

Like I said I’m fine with them going for it in the first half but the lack of situational awareness and not deciding to tie it late in the 2nd half is what gets me. 

• Like 1

Just now, redsoxsuck05 said:

Exactly. Feels like Ray's whole persona is a calculated effort to conceal the real Ray Lewis. Strahan's always been an attention whore but he doesn't hide who he is.

The fake-ness just oozes out of him. Just like Alex Rodriguez, but in a different way

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

@Forge where does this game rank in the last 5 years? Stress levels. 

Probably like 4 or 5 if only because there was a stretch where I just thought it was over, so I wasn't stressed at all during that period lol

4 minutes ago, Duluther said:

Andy Reid has shown the coach he is: an elite coach who wins the SB when he was Patrick Mahomes. He's never been to the SB without a top QB (PM, Prime McNabb). He couldn't do it with Alex Smith over several years, or Prime Vick, or anyone else.

Shanahan has been running circles around other offensive minds since he was in Washington, has made the SB with Jimmy G, has made a QB out of a Mr. Irrelevant and will now go to a SB (and maybe win it) with said Mr. Irrelevant. Also, Shanny's coaching tree is far greater, which is astounding considering that Reid has been coaching for multiple times longer. 

Sorry but it's not close. 

dTYFLkE.gif

Just now, detfan782004 said:

How? He stayed in base defense and let them shred it.

That loss is on many things but A Glenn is garbage DC 

Have you seen those DBs? Imagine how bad the guys on the bench are.. take out a DL or two for them and there's no pressure AND wrs running around wide open.  His front 4/5 was getting to Purdy a lot

8 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

It’s one thing to gamble during the regular season. It’s a totally different deal when you’re playing to go to the Super Bowl. Kick the field goal, extend your lead. Not kicking the field goal to tie the game (if made obviously) just seemed silly to me. I didn’t understand it at all. 

It just doesn't make sense to me to do things one way all year, making aggressive calls that get you to the dance...and then turn into a conservative ol' pumpkin who thinks timidly and make decisions in a completely different way.

Those calls are only the "wrong decision" because they didn't work out.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

KC's defence is legit too, can't forget about them

Yes. I'd like to think by just law of averages the 49ers can get back to pounding the rock down an opponent's throat like Detroit did to us, and the 49ers defense can get back to stopping the run game for 4 quarters. But yeah, dunno.