Conference Championship: San Francisco 49ers vs Detroit Lions

Just now, NFL Network said:

I've seen a Kyle Shannahan coached offense blow a 28-3 lead in a SB, I've seen them blow a 20-10 lead with under 8 min remaining in the 4th quarter in a SB, and I've seen a Kyle Shannahan coached team blow a 17-7 lead heading into the 4th quarter of an NFC title game. What more proof do you need that Kyle can't win the big game.

Andy Reid used to have the same tether attached to him. It's a lazy take

• Like 2

1 minute ago, struby3 said:

Good point, but SF has had success with first time coordinators in the past. If Shanahan doesn't think that Wilks can improve, then you have to move on. This isn't a SB-caliber defense with Wilks calling the shots. I'd be interested in Al Harris of Dallas. Should've just hired Fangio last year.

Al Harris not a bad call 

Just now, Ftn49 said:

Andy Reid used to have the same tether attached to him. It's a lazy take

Well I don't see a Patrick Mahomes coming into help Kyle. They could've had Tom Brady prior to 2020 but choose to stick with Jimmy and then wanted Brady last year when he was going to turn 46 prior to opening day. They kicked away one SB win by punting on Brady in 2020.

Just now, oldman9er said:

def need upgrades beyond our 1 and 2... 

Then when they have a all world defense they'll have an offense that can't score and thus be the same story all over again. It's a no win situation year in & year out. 

Trading the 3 firsts for Lance is really catching up with this team now.

• Like 1

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

I have no idea but I am still calm and think we got a shot. But need a TD on the first drive here. Get it by 10.

I also wouldn't abandon the run. 

The defense needs at least 3 stops which is going to be tough though

• Like 1

Frankly, there aren't a lot of upgrades available to us moving forward. We are about flat on the cap given the roll over and overage next year. They certainly can't improve everywhere all at once during the off season. I feel like the best opportunity would be to make some trades and then try and push money out and hope that those type of guys pan out. 

This was probably the best bet for the super bowl and they couldn't even make it out of the NFC. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NFL Network said:

Well I don't see a Patrick Mahomes coming into help Kyle. They could've had Tom Brady prior to 2020 but choose to stick with Jimmy and then wanted Brady last year when he was going to turn 46 prior to opening day. They kicked away one SB win by punting on Brady in 2020.

Hypothetical and captain hindsight take. Tampa had a much better Oline than we did at the time. Who says Brady holds up with our line.

Just now, Forge said:

Frankly, there aren't a lot of upgrades available to us moving forward. We are about flat on the cap given the roll over and overage next year. They certainly can't improve everywhere all at once during the off season. I feel like the best opportunity would be to make some trades and then try and push money out and hope that those type of guys pan out. 

This was probably the best bet for the super bowl and they couldn't even make it out of the NFC. 

I think next year is the last year for them to really be in play for a superbowl before they have to semi pivot. I think purdy, for all his faults, is a + QB and will keep us competitive as long as he can have some good talent around him.

its just all about Trent 

• Like 1