2024 Coaching Changes: Hiring Positional Coaches

Kiltman

9 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Not good.  A take from Commander fan below.

Can't say that I fully agree with that sentiment.  RR has always had above average defenses throughout his career, JDR on the other hand has provided over bottom half of the league defenses his entire career.  JDR is a mouth breather and was not a great hire by RR.  The question is going to be whether or not the game has passed him by a bit because he hasn't solely been in charge of a defense without HC responsibility in over a decade.

Just now, EagleBlueDon said:

Yeah I feel like Rivera and all other coaches under that ownership need to be given a grain of salt. I'd be fine with Rivera. I sense some bitterness as well.

I also think fans overrate the talent on their teams roster more often than not

i know I do it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I need to learn more about him but the DVOA numbers on his defense aren't good from what I heard.

I think he’s a good DC. He’s run good defenses. I don’t think he’s a top 5 guy or something but I’m not sure that guys out there

1 minute ago, CasperX22 said:

Can't say that I fully agree with that sentiment.  RR has always had above average defenses throughout his career, JDR on the other hand has provided over bottom half of the league defenses his entire career.  JDR is a mouth breather and was not a great hire by RR.  The question is going to be whether or not the game has passed him by a bit because he hasn't solely been in charge of a defense without HC responsibility in over a decade.

I’m not too worried about that. He knows what’s happening in the game. If anything it’ll be an easier job lol

4 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Why? He was an excellent DC for the Rams. All because he sucked as a Head Coach doesn't make him a bad DC...

Him being a weasel and sucking because he was incapable of leading a lockerroom whilst the ownership spent copious amounts of money on the defensive side of the ball which he could never get right Is different than 

a proven defensive mind over a long period of time having 2 outstanding defenses over his time in Washington despite the nfls worst ownership maybe ever and yet Riveras leadership was never questioned

I’d say those are 2 different situations

3 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

Him being a weasel and sucking because he was incapable of leading a lockerroom whilst the ownership spent copious amounts of money on the defensive side of the ball which he could never get right Is different than 

a proven defensive mind over a long period of time having 2 outstanding defenses over his time in Washington despite the nfls worst ownership maybe ever and yet Riveras leadership was never questioned

I’d say those are 2 different situations

If you're making a short list of who you want, who's on your list?

2 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

Ron rivera

wink martindale

Dennard Wilson (who should’ve been hired last year)

I'd definitely add Leslie Fraser and Mike Zimmer if they decide to get back into coaching.  But yeah other than that I think those are the 5 I'd be ok with.  Don't like a lot of the other 1st time coordinator candidates.  We might disagree on the order, but I think we're on the same page.

Nick is definitely coming back lol. Eagles just set a press conference for wednesday

im becoming increasingly nervous that Jim bob cooter is gonna be our OC lol

But I expect to hear the eagles have hired Ron Rivera within the next day or so followed by I’m hoping anyone but Jim Bob cooter 

we don’t need offensive cooter calling plays

5 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

I'd definitely add Leslie Fraser and Mike Zimmer if they decide to get back into coaching.  But yeah other than that I think those are the 5 I'd be ok with.  Don't like a lot of the other 1st time coordinator candidates.  We might disagree on the order, but I think we're on the same page.

My only issue with those 2 is they took a year off. Zimmer 2 years I believe. But from a success standpoint I’d be all for it

i think wink is a great option. I worry that he got into that huge fight with daboll. That’s concerning imo 

Jim Bob Cooter coming into to call plays in the same offense we just ran would be ******* misery lol. I know he is highly regarded in NFL circles, but I just don't get it.

Bring in someone from another system or watch the same **** unfold again......

2 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Jim Bob Cooter coming into to call plays in the same offense we just ran would be ******* misery lol. I know he is highly regarded in NFL circles, but I just don't get it.

Bring in someone from another system or watch the same **** unfold again......

The only thing that makes sense about it is he just spent a year with Steichen