2024 Coaching Changes: Hiring Positional Coaches

Kiltman

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

Keeping nick will prove to be a.mistake. Even if he hires good people this time the eagles will be back in the same bad spot in 2 years 

While I agree, I think if they find good coordinators who won’t be poached that will be different. Idk about Nick as a head coach yet. I also think if you’re terrified about losing coordinators then you should move away from the HC

having said that if they get a veteran OC and a Veteran DC I think things will be better

Just now, Last Stand said:

While I agree, I think if they find good coordinators who won’t be poached that will be different. Idk about Nick as a head coach yet. I also think if you’re terrified about losing coordinators then you should move away from the HC

having said that if they get a veteran OC and a Veteran DC I think things will be better

You just need your head coach to always have one side of the ball set. Nick isn't that guy. 

5 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

You just need your head coach to always have one side of the ball set. Nick isn't that guy. 

I agree

but I guess if they get a veteran OC (Reich lol) and a veteran DC then maybe you side step that

i don’t agree with this way of thinking and I unfortunately am concerned with that howie quote from before which was something to the effect of “bottoming out once and a while is good to reload”

my concern would be they’re willingly risking that to get higher picks and restock some of the positions

While it is obvious now it was a mistake to Demote Desai and give Patricia playcalling Seattle Week. 

This firing should of occured then. Keeping both inside the building,  swapping roles was a mistake.  Probably caused said fracture within the players/lockerroom.  

If indeed it did occur 

Edited by Nabbs4u

From McLane

“Nick Sirianni did the firing, NFL sources said, another indication that the #Eagles HC will likely be returning.

The Desai departure was obvious, as will be Patricia likely joining him. More changes will be coming to Sirianni’s staff.

OC Brian Johnson is currently interviewing for HC openings, so the Eagles won’t do anything to hinder his chances. But he could be the next major domino to fall. @MikeGarafolo mentioned Colts OC Jim Bob Cooter as a possible replacement.”