2024 Coaching Changes: Hiring Positional Coaches

Kiltman

8 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Is Brian Johnson gonna walk? How was he as a coach outside of playcalling?

Whether it's Slowik or Johnson or whoever for DC (and I am assuming it's a current OC), I'd like him to get an OC with some experience. Was thinking about Brian, and how he could do the role and not worry about plays.

It’s hard to truly know what was Nick and what was brian

it was nicks offense, Shane called it better but Shane also had the benefit of the entire nfl not knowing what we were doing

fast forward Nick didn’t really adjust, so Brian could’ve been working from a deficit out the gate. However he could also just be bad at playcalling lol I really don’t know

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

it was nicks offense, Shane called it better but Shane also had the benefit of the entire nfl not knowing what we were doing

fast forward Nick didn’t really adjust, so Brian could’ve been working from a deficit out the gate. However he could also just be bad at playcalling lol I really don’t know

Brian did nothing to better the situation 

13 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

What makes you saltier

frank Reich or Jim Bob cooter

That's like picking which floater is the best turd in the toilet?

Reich scares me because he did absolutely NOTHING to cater his offense to what Bryce Young does well. That concerns me!!  Yes his ability to help put game plans together in 2017 was crucial to Wentz/Foles success.

He wasn’t the play caller. Doug was.

However given the amount of respect both Frank and Nick obviously have for one another, that combo might actually work. 

Just the name Jim Bob and Cooter gives me bad vibes. 😎

1 hour ago, Last Stand said:

He got a lot of credit for Jalen Hurts development, so I imagine there will be a ton of league interest in him as a QB coach.

1 hour ago, Last Stand said:

in 2022? The NFL knew what we were doing by the 2nd half of the season trust me, because we'd been doing it for at least a full year already at that point.

• Like 1

Hoping Kellen Moore gets let go from LAC but I bet they hire Harbaugh and keep Moore... If not, look into Klint Kubiak (Solid Coaching tree and added bonus of working with Sean Payton) and I personally really like Liam Coen from UK. He had Levis looking like the best player in the SEC and when he left, Levis was a mess. Additionally, he has a solid NFL background working with McVay.

18 minutes ago, Wentz you dog you said:

Hoping Kellen Moore gets let go from LAC but I bet they hire Harbaugh and keep Moore... If not, look into Klint Kubiak (Solid Coaching tree and added bonus of working with Sean Payton) and I personally really like Liam Coen from UK. He had Levis looking like the best player in the SEC and when he left, Levis was a mess. Additionally, he has a solid NFL background working with McVay.

Nick is going to.hire a friend and the offense is going to decline next year

People realize that Jim Bob Cooter is already the Colts OC, right? Why would the Colts allow him to make a lateral move to become the Eagles OC? If they did allow it, wouldn't that be a red flag? He's still employed as the Colts OC so there's really no chance he's coming here under that same role. I don't really see the point in even discussing him as a possibility at the moment.

Edited by Folesadelphia

2 minutes ago, Folesadelphia said:

People realize that Jim Bob Cooter is already the Colts OC, right? Why would the Colts allow him to make a lateral move to become the Eagles OC? If they did allow it, wouldn't that be a red flag? He's still employed as the Colts OC so there's really no chance he's coming here under that same role. I don't really see the point in even discussing him as a possibility at the moment.

He's eligible because he'd be calling plays here. Do not want him but it wouldn't be lateral. 

Just now, Broadway Joe said:

He's eligible because he'd be calling plays here. Do not want him but it wouldn't be lateral. 

I mean from what I've seen/heard the Colts would still have to OK, it. Maybe there's a loophole where you give JBC the assistant HC spot but I think it would be determined by whether the Colts felt it was a lateral move or not. If he was a positional coach and the Eagles wanted to interview or hire him then Colts can't block it. However, he would hold the same title under Eagles. So, the Colts would have to determine if they felt that it was a prudent business decision to allow him to move to a team where he's still the OC but gets to call plays. Like they would have to consider how that looks to prospective coaches but ultimately it's the Colts' choice whether they want to allow it or not. From what I've read, I don't think they would be compelled by the league to let him walk 

6 hours ago, Danger said:

I agree with TRM

We're looking at nothing but underwhelming names for OC/DC, and it's making me pessimistic about this upcoming season, and I'm usually more optimistic than most here.

Tough to be excited about Sirianni still being here and still having his paws / imprint on the offense… Even if we hire a solid OC I am hoping Nick takes a step back and lets him install & gameplan