2024 Coaching Changes: Hiring Positional Coaches

Kiltman

From a logic perspective I don’t get the “fire all of your coordinators and several staff but we’ll keep you” thing

thats essentially saying we thought you did a bad job, we thought your staff did a bad job, we thought all expectations weren’t me but let’s keep you. I don’t get it

in terms of staff being mad about Brian Johnson being fired. I just don’t know who they’re mad at which is the most concerning part

is it Nick? Ownership? Players? Who do they think was the issue

As much as I’d like a cool name like Al Harris or Dennard wilson

eagles need a defensive head coach at DC

but again idk why this is all happening and we aren’t just firing nick

unless…maybe nicks press conference is gonna be some weird “I’m taking a year off” thing

We can only hope

1 hour ago, Last Stand said:

As much as I’d like a cool name like Al Harris or Dennard wilson

eagles need a defensive head coach at DC

but again idk why this is all happening and we aren’t just firing nick

unless…maybe nicks press conference is gonna be some weird “I’m taking a year off” thing

We can only hope

I don't care what their background is, bring in the best person for the job, and someone who's gonna be good for the locker room.

1 hour ago, Last Stand said:

From a logic perspective I don’t get the “fire all of your coordinators and several staff but we’ll keep you” thing

thats essentially saying we thought you did a bad job, we thought your staff did a bad job, we thought all expectations weren’t me but let’s keep you. I don’t get it

in terms of staff being mad about Brian Johnson being fired. I just don’t know who they’re mad at which is the most concerning part

is it Nick? Ownership? Players? Who do they think was the issue

It's because he went to the SB with two different coordinators the year before and they want to see if he can replicate that success. I get it even if I don't agree. It probably also isn't a great look league wide to fire your coach after he made the playoffs three years in a row with a SB berth. 

I want Nick gone mainly just because of how bad the collapse was and I'd rather be a year early on firing him than a year late.... but it was never like a slam dunk firing based on results. It was more about how the team looked down the stretch which was horrific.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eagles $5$ said:

Jesse Minter would be a great hire... Been at Baltimore and Michigan under Harbaughs. But it looks like he might be going to Jacksonville. 

Probably follow Jim to the LAC, I'd guess. 

2 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Seriously. Hard to understand letting him go with how absolutely decimated their D was by injuries.

He wasn't fired he was "let go" but it's more of a him wanting to come home vs a him being terminated for performance. 

• Like 1