2024 Coaching Changes: Hiring Positional Coaches

Kiltman

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

At the very end of that article is all that matters to me given the amount of injuries he had to deal with.

And a chunk of the players did not like him after 1 year.  Now he is walking into a players coach environment and is going to start holding them beyond accountable.  All I said is some players are not going to react well to that.

I would not be shocked if Graham and Cox do not return based on the hire.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

So last year just about everyone in this forum wasn't upset that Fangio was the next DC, left for Miami in large part because of the Gannon BS with AZ.

It was clear as Day Fangio wanted to stay and replace Gannon even after he accepted the Miami job but hadn't signed the contract yet. He didn't want to pull a Frank Gore and stayed. 

12 months later, this is somehow a bad hire with some of you?

Of course, best way to combat being “stale” is to hire Vangio who’s defense the last two guys ran.  

These dopes would serve you a **** sandwich and you’d ask for seconds.  

This defense could use a no nonsense coach who won't deal with the BS. I don't see that as a negative. Sure some might get rubbed the wrong way, but get a guy in here who will tell the players how it is and make them do their job better. 

Fangio has a history of running successful defenses. Even if you are the biggest downer in the world I don't see how this hire anything worse then "meh". Sure a new scheme would have been more exciting, but I find it hard to believe that signing someone as accomplished as Fangio is just outright bad. Is it enough to move the needle that it makes up for the rest of the coaching staff? I have my doubts. I don't think this is a homerun, but I am not sure a homerun was really out there.

Hopefully we get a bit younger on D and Fangio can develop them into real players. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Honestly laughing at some of these posts. All of a sudden Fangio is an awful human being who abuses small animals. I understand not liking a hire and being pessimistic but this forum feels like it's been recklessly yanked down into being awfully cynical and defeated about damn near everything involved with the organization. Give it a rest.

There seems to be some obstinacy and pessimism around here

I feel like other fans would call eagles fans a tad spoiled tbh. 

14 minutes ago, downundermike said:

And a chunk of the players did not like him after 1 year.  Now he is walking into a players coach environment and is going to start holding them beyond accountable.  All I said is some players are not going to react well to that.

I would not be shocked if Graham and Cox do not return based on the hire.

If that's the case, Good riddance! 

I actually see the opposite occurring with both of them because they understand that type of coaching, were both here for  Jim Johnson,  Jim Schwartz,  ect.

Not one of these millennial baby millionaires to soft to be yelled at and upset they aren't put on pedestals.

Edited by Nabbs4u

16 minutes ago, downundermike said:

It is more in response to posts like this.  Nabbs obviously has no idea what he is talking about with these posts, as Fangio never did any hands on coaching with the defense, so Eagles players have no idea how he coaches.  And on top of that, when he consulted before the Super Bowl, he was consulting with the offensive staff, not the defensive staff.

There are tons of report out of Miami and Denver about players not liking him, his style, and his approach to players.

Is the bottom line not: Give me a good defense? If yes, then he's put plenty out there to inspire confidence in his hiring. Personally, I think this is what the defense needed. It's own head coach and a dude who definitely won't be hired away.

1 minute ago, Last Stand said:

There seems to be some obstinacy and pessimism around here

I feel like other fans would call eagles fans a tad spoiled tbh. 

You'd be correct. Eagle fans especially now post 2017 are starting to act like Patriot fans. Self entitled and spoiled. 

Its OK to want greatness,  expect to be good but just because the Eagles have had success the better part of the past 2 decades, doesn't mean WE are entitled to it.

NFL rarely works that way!

20 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Just saying there should be some level of concern there 

Of course. I just think most good coaches have some issues with some players. Shanahan benched aiyuk twice in 2022. 

and a lot of these outspoken players weren’t exactly high end starters. They were barely starters I believe, could be wrong.

i think with old school hard nosed coaches this will always be a risk, and certain players will always have issues because they’re largely kids. Some young adults in their 20s can handle tough coaching, some can’t. It’s just the lay of the land. 

10 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

Of course. I just think most good coaches have some issues with some players. Shanahan benched aiyuk twice in 2022. 

and a lot of these outspoken players weren’t exactly high end starters. They were barely starters I believe, could be wrong.

i think with old school hard nosed coaches this will always be a risk, and certain players will always have issues because they’re largely kids. Some young adults in their 20s can handle tough coaching, some can’t. It’s just the lay of the land. 

Jevon Holland and Jalen Ramsey both seemed to really hate him. Two very good starters.