Kiltman

27 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Reich- Chargers OC to Eagles

Super Bowl

Steichen- Chargers OC to Eagles

Super Bowl

Kellen Moore- Chargers OC to Eagles

We all know what is next 😎

That would be a weird coincidence. Only negative is this past year the eagles ruined their streak of reaching the Super Bowl when they have an 8-1 record or better :(

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Kellen Moore ran an offense that had the 6th highest 1st down pass percentage, and the 6th highest overall pass percentage

The eagles hiring a pass first OC was always the likeliest scenario. As much as I wanted Arthur smith I knew that was a long shot. The eagles clearly like to throw and they got a guy who’s very good at scheming guys open and scheming easy throws

5 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

That would be a weird coincidence. Only negative is this past year the eagles ruined their streak of reaching the Super Bowl when they have an 8-1 record or better :(

It’s not a coincidence 

It’s science 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

The eagles hiring a pass first OC was always the likeliest scenario. As much as I wanted Arthur smith I knew that was a long shot. The eagles clearly like to throw and they got a guy who’s very good at scheming guys open and scheming easy throws

Smith would have been a hard pass for me.  His usage of the Falcons best players is evidence enough of his incompetence as a play caller.  The Titans offense was elite in 2020 and it got him the Falcons job, but that is the outlier up til this point.  2019 offense was kind of middle of the road, but one of the top runs offenses. He never could even get the Atlanta offense playing at 2019 Titan levels.

• Like 1

All things considered the team needed a playcaller with experience. I think it’s a good hire given that and Lurie’s obsession with having a pass happy offense. I would’ve liked someone that could bring the league’s meta here, but the truth is with the current state of the roster, someone that can come in from day one was more important for this window. Besides we are like one or two seasons away from our scheduled full rebuild.

43 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

All things considered the team needed a playcaller with experience. I think it’s a good hire given that and Lurie’s obsession with having a pass happy offense. I would’ve liked someone that could bring the league’s meta here, but the truth is with the current state of the roster, someone that can come in from day one was more important for this window. Besides we are like one or two seasons away from our scheduled full rebuild.

The leagues meta will be less the meta once enough offenses start using it. Then defenses will be prepping for it every weak. Guys like shanahan and mcvay will be fine. But their underlings will be a mixed bag 

think fangio

as people used fangio the fangio underlings struggled more and more the further degrees of separation they got.

i think Kellen Moore being his own guy is a better risk. He’s 35, has his own ideas of offense. I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t promote Kellen to HC if he’s really great and they’re in danger of losing him

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Last Stand said:

I think Kellen Moore being his own guy is a better risk. He’s 35, has his own ideas of offense. I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t promote Kellen to HC if he’s really great and they’re in danger of losing him

Can't envision a scenario outside of a Nick Sirianni scandal (slept with Lurie's wife) where Kellen Moore would become the Eagles HC in 2025.

If he's that successful in the 2024 season, have my doubts. He'd become the next Shane Stiechen for another Organization. 

Edited by Nabbs4u

31 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Can't envision a scenario outside of a Nick Sirianni scandal (slept with Lurie's wife) where Kellen Moore would become the Eagles HC in 2025.

If he's that successful in the 2024 season, have my doubts. He'd become the next Shane Stiechen for another Organization. 

His contract expires in the 25' season.  It's not our of the realm of possibility they would move on from a lack duck coach.