2024 Coaching Changes: Hiring Positional Coaches

Kiltman

2 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

That’s completely out of the realm of possibility. lol 

The idea that the Eagles will be good and then they will turn around and fire their HC to promote the OC is wild lol.

I get that people want Nick gone, but the only way that happens is if the Eagles continue to suck. If Moore does good work he will get his HC chance... for another team. If there is a turn around Nick is going to credit for it whether people like it or not.

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

The idea that the Eagles will be good and then they will turn around and fire their HC to promote the OC is wild lol.

I get that people want Nick gone, but the only way that happens is if the Eagles continue to suck. If Moore does good work he will get his HC chance... for another team. If there is a turn around Nick is going to credit for it whether people like it or not.

It’s not about wanting Nick gone. I think from an outside perspective it seems wild, but no one has any way of knowing how lurie and howie view Moore by the end of the season

people forget they interviewed Moore for HC. All things aren’t equal. Lurie is a very unconventional owner, howie is very unconventional. You really think in some scenario where Kellen Moore runs a top 3 offense that airs the ball out and Moore at 35 is dialing up fantastic game plans and scheming the hell out of players

and you think they keep Nick who they’ve demoted twice already including clearly considering firing him less than a year after reaching the Super Bowl?

I think it’s a fair thought. I don’t personally believe the eagles care about public perception the way fans think they do. I believe they will do what’s best for the franchise 

26 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

It’s not about wanting Nick gone. I think from an outside perspective it seems wild, but no one has any way of knowing how lurie and howie view Moore by the end of the season

people forget they interviewed Moore for HC. All things aren’t equal. Lurie is a very unconventional owner, howie is very unconventional. You really think in some scenario where Kellen Moore runs a top 3 offense that airs the ball out and Moore at 35 is dialing up fantastic game plans and scheming the hell out of players

and you think they keep Nick who they’ve demoted twice already including clearly considering firing him less than a year after reaching the Super Bowl?

I think it’s a fair thought. I don’t personally believe the eagles care about public perception the way fans think they do. I believe they will do what’s best for the franchise 

Ya they would keep Nick and then tell him to hire a new OC to do the same thing when he is hired elsewhere. If what you are claiming is possible they would have gotten rid of Nick this offseason.

This has nothing to do with perception and everything to do with none of it makes any sense. Nick is going to be deeply involved with everything that this team does. He was not demoted. He was told that he needs to make up for his shortcomings by hiring competent individuals. If we have a top 3 offense that probably means we are a pretty damn good team. If we are a good team we should be able to make a run in the playoffs. If we do that Nick will continue to be the HC of the Eagles. 

The idea that all of the above happens and we let go of our HC to promote the OC is fantasy land sorry. Nick's success is now tied to his subordinates... the only way the Eagles fire Nick and Hire Moore as HC is if the team is a failure overall but somehow the offense is truly elite which seems extremely unlikely. The most likely outcomes are either the coaching still sucks and Nick is let go, or that the coaching is greatly improved and Nick keeps his job with the risk of losing his OC in the offseason.

35 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Ya they would keep Nick and then tell him to hire a new OC to do the same thing when he is hired elsewhere. If what you are claiming is possible they would have gotten rid of Nick this offseason.

This has nothing to do with perception and everything to do with none of it makes any sense. Nick is going to be deeply involved with everything that this team does. He was not demoted. He was told that he needs to make up for his shortcomings by hiring competent individuals. If we have a top 3 offense that probably means we are a pretty damn good team. If we are a good team we should be able to make a run in the playoffs. If we do that Nick will continue to be the HC of the Eagles. 

The idea that all of the above happens and we let go of our HC to promote the OC is fantasy land sorry. Nick's success is now tied to his subordinates... the only way the Eagles fire Nick and Hire Moore as HC is if the team is a failure overall but somehow the offense is truly elite which seems extremely unlikely. The most likely outcomes are either the coaching still sucks and Nick is let go, or that the coaching is greatly improved and Nick keeps his job with the risk of losing his OC in the offseason.

I don’t buy the front office as being that myopic personally

If they come to the conclusion Kellen Moore is a potential star head coach they aren’t letting him walk. Lurie cares about offensive geniuses. 

it’d be bad business if they can’t differentiate who’s behind the success of the team 

14 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

I don’t buy the front office as being that myopic personally

If they come to the conclusion Kellen Moore is a potential star head coach they aren’t letting him walk. Lurie cares about offensive geniuses. 

it’d be bad business if they can’t differentiate who’s behind the success of the team 

If the Eagles had as little faith in Nick as you seem to think they have they would have fired him this offseason.

It just makes no sense sorry.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

I agree. Only it seems several of you haven't realized or want to acknowledge,  that's exactly why Nick Sirianni  "himself " , wasn't fired??

If either Howie or Jeffrey had as little faith in Nick as some of you do, he would of been replaced as HC this season!

Not given every opportunity to correct the ship instead. 🤔🤔🤔

Edited by Nabbs4u

12 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Yup, all really solid hires thus far. About as good as you can ask for on paper. Especially with Fangio having experience with these guys. They'll all know their roles already.

It's kind of amazing the amount of vitriol other fan bases have for these guys.  Cowboys fans hate Kellen Moore.  Dolphins fans hate Fangio.  Seahawks fans couldn't wait to kick Hurtt and Scott to the curb.  End of the day at the very least the Eagles are putting together a much more experienced staff as opposed to a very young staff last year where a lot of guys may have been out of their depth.

• Like 1

Kellen Moore Offensive Stats (w/ Cowboys):

• Air Yards Per Att: 8.1
• Avg time before pass: 2.73 sec
Under Center: 40%
• Shotgun: 60%
Using Motion: 47%
Play Action: 24%
• Designed Rush: 40%
• Designed Rush on 1D: 50%
• Yards via Pass: 60%
• Yards via Rush: 40%

I'm in favor of any of that since we basically did none of it in 2023.

Edited by Nabbs4u

20 minutes ago, downundermike said:

And the offense getting back on track will confirm Nick is not the reason

So what's the difference then with John Harbaugh and Dan Campbell?

Are they just products of their Coordinators too,  or real actual HC's?

Players - Play

Coaches - Coach

All 3 of these organizations allow their coaches to coach their specific area's while having a HC over see the entire staff. What exactly is the problem with that structure "other then" potentially losing a Play Caller as a Coordinator?

Every NFL team loses Coordinators.  Maybe not the immediate play caller from that season but the OC/DC moving on to take a HC postion.

Edited by Nabbs4u

37 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Kellen Moore Offensive Stats (w/ Cowboys):

Play Action: 24%

I'm in favor of any of that since we basically did none of it in 2023.

Does PA out of Shotgun count? I'm shocked if you all didn't do any then. Doesn't make sense with Hurts and his talents.