2024 Coaching Changes: Hiring Positional Coaches

Kiltman

I definitely like this aspect of it. Will be nice to see a much larger dose of motion.

But, overall for the optics of how our situation was with a HC whose seat is getting warm… this Moore/Fangio duo was about as good as we could do as far as guys who have some previous play calling experience. 

37 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

Kellen Moore is a good hire

not a great hire. I personally would’ve been intrigued by Josh mcdaniels

but I think Kellen Moore is a different direction. The chargers were 8th in motion. This is most definitely something new at least. I’m interested for sure. I’d like to see who they bring in at QB coach. I’d like someone really left field. A very cerebral QB coach but maybe a veteran. Honestly if I’m the eagles I may throw a fortune at John defilippo as he is great at developing QBs and has a wealth of knowledge

Josh McDaniels? Guy is lost whenever Tom Brady isn’t his QB. Kellen is a home run hire in my opinion. Has the track record to show it with his offenses in DAL and will bring more motion and intent to our offense when we look to go tempo. Also, he’s good in the red zone as well. Now we just need Nick to solely worry about game management and let Fangio / Moore operate. Fangio will not be able to do much tho unless Howie gets to work in the offseason. Our talent on that side is shaky potatoes in the secondary / LBers

I am kind of meh about this Kellen Moore hire...

I have the benefit of following both teams very closely. He is not bad by any means but he will get "stuck" and won't change for the life of him. But he will have the offense humming, so in that regard it is an upgrade.

As long and he and Jalen clicks it will be fine.

11 minutes ago, ACO said:

I am kind of meh about this Kellen Moore hire...

I have the benefit of following both teams very closely. He is not bad by any means but he will get "stuck" and won't change for the life of him. But he will have the offense humming, so in that regard it is an upgrade.

As long and he and Jalen clicks it will be fine.

So it will be like the Andy Reid day.  Yay!

44 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Not sure who specifically but would have preferred someone from the Shanny tree.

So Darrell Bevell? No thanks.  Zac Robinson?  He's never ranked higher than an assistant QB coach til this year.  That's risky and Atlanta is taking that plunge.  Jerrod Johnson? Even less experienced.  Brian Griese? Even less experienced.  Jayson Vrable? Some pretty underwhelming names.  Moore checks all the boxes.  Won't make the run the ball crowd happy, but this is a good hire.