2024 Coaching Changes: Hiring Positional Coaches

Kiltman

17 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

I think the eagles need to use a coach like fangio as an opportunity to get faster.

sweat will be fine. My hope is the eagles invest some assets into LB. I really would like them to resign CJGJ. He’s gonna be a free agent with Brian branch playing so well

the eagles can so easily rebuild their defense with this veteran of a coach. They just kinda have to do things they never do to do it lol

Weeeeeeeee

2 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Seems like Vic was well hated by his players in Miami should be great for the culture 

Maybe they didn't like his old school approach or way of coaching? Were soft like the rest of their team? 

Never heard any rumblings  that last years Eagle players had any problems with Vic? Wonder why?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Sweat and Graham can play OLB and come down to End when it makes sense.

nowadays though it all gets so varied, and defenses need to adapt

Forgive my memory if i'm wrong, But didnt Graham Not fit well when we tried 3-4 last time. 

9 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

I think the eagles need to use a coach like fangio as an opportunity to get faster.

sweat will be fine. My hope is the eagles invest some assets into LB. I really would like them to resign CJGJ. He’s gonna be a free agent with Brian branch playing so well

the eagles can so easily rebuild their defense with this veteran of a coach. They just kinda have to do things they never do to do it lol

I want to see them add 2-3 LB's minimum of different play styles
My top -

FA 
Isaiah Simmons (Think he Would fit really well and is physical) 
Patrick Queen (Tackling Machine) (Highly Doubtful we can afford)
Kenneth Murray

Draft - 
Jeremiah Trotter Jr. (BEST All Around LB IMO)

2 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Seems like Vic was well hated by his players in Miami should be great for the culture 

Judging from some Miami tweets and blog posts it just sounds like he’s an old school guy and that rubs players wrong

• Like 1

So last year just about everyone in this forum was upset that Fangio wasn't the next DC, left for Miami in large part because of the Gannon BS with AZ.

It was clear as Day Fangio wanted to stay and replace Gannon even after he accepted the Miami job but hadn't signed the contract yet. He didn't want to pull a Frank Gore and stayed. 

12 months later, this is somehow a bad hire with some of you?

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

Judging from some Miami tweets and blog posts it just sounds like he’s an old school guy and that rubs players wrong

Most current generation players are rubbed the wrong way by older school guys.  Because the current generation is soft as *** 

Edited by 4for4PhillyFan
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Well the eagles happen to have players 

Yep, most already know Vic, know his style of coaching and had no issues whatsoever with him last season. 

Unless you have similar reports from Eagles players  I'm unaware of?

If you wanted some Young up and comer just say that. 

Most of you wanted a Coordinator hired that would spend more the 1 season, not get poach away if we had success. Vic Fangio is that guy! Was that guy you wanted 12 months ago I thought, what changed?

Edited by Nabbs4u

29 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Never heard any rumblings  that last years Eagle players had any problems with Vic? Wonder why?

Because he was a consultant, and not the coach.

Additionally, he was not even a defensive consultant, and did not coach the players in any form.

Fangio helped the Eagles through their Super Bowl appearance last season, advising the team’s offensive coaches on opponents’ defensive tendencies.

23 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

So last year just about everyone in this forum wasn't upset that Fangio was the next DC, left for Miami in large part because of the Gannon BS with AZ.

It was clear as Day Fangio wanted to stay and replace Gannon even after he accepted the Miami job but hadn't signed the contract yet. He didn't want to pull a Frank Gore and stayed. 

12 months later, this is somehow a bad hire with some of you?

Honestly laughing at some of these posts. All of a sudden Fangio is an awful human being who abuses small animals. I understand not liking a hire and being pessimistic but this forum feels like it's been recklessly yanked down into being awfully cynical and defeated about damn near everything involved with the organization. Give it a rest.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Honestly laughing at some of these posts. All of a sudden Fangio is an awful human being who abuses small animals. I understand not liking a hire and being pessimistic but this forum feels like it's been recklessly yanked down into being awfully cynical and defeated about damn near everything involved with the organization. Give it a rest.

It is more in response to posts like this.  Nabbs obviously has no idea what he is talking about with these posts, as Fangio never did any hands on coaching with the defense, so Eagles players have no idea how he coaches.  And on top of that, when he consulted before the Super Bowl, he was consulting with the offensive staff, not the defensive staff.

There are tons of report out of Miami and Denver about players not liking him, his style, and his approach to players.

10 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Yep, most already know Vic, know his style of coaching and had no issues whatsoever with him last season. 

Unless you have similar reports from Eagles players  I'm unaware of?

38 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Maybe they didn't like his old school approach or way of coaching? Were soft like the rest of their team? 

1 hour ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

What about Sweat and or Graham (if resigned)

Also get BRADLEY TFO lol

I think Sweat could be a pass rushing DE on passing downs, but I don't know where Graham would fit in a 3-4.  To old to be an OLB, teams would take advantage of his lack of speed at his age, and I don't think he would hold up against the run with guards blocking him.

6 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Some more on Fangio @Nabbs4u, has a history of being hard on players, and a lot of players did not like him for other reasons

https://dolphinstalk.com/2024/01/why-vic-fangio-didnt-work-out-in-miami/

At the very end of that article is all that matters to me given the amount of injuries he had to deal with.

But overall, as much as Vic had his warts, this is not a good day for the Miami Dolphins organization. The numbers speak for themselves: a Top 10 defense, 7th vs the run, and the guy who put that together is walking out the door. And from an X and O’s standpoint, whoever they hire will be a downgrade from Vic, that I can say for sure.