2024 Coaching Changes: Hiring Positional Coaches

Kiltman

Fangio is better than most candidates, but he’s not the direction I wanted to go

ideally I’d like someone who is more aggressive. However when it comes to exotic coverages at least we’ll have the main guy teaching them to a hopefully younger and more athletic back 7

i do think his defensive scheme can work if you have athletic guys who can close really fast. When you have older guys it’s the easiest thing to dink and dunk

so here’s to hoping we get longer and faster so that the gaps are closed so quickly

28 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

Fangio is better than most candidates, but he’s not the direction I wanted to go

ideally I’d like someone who is more aggressive. However when it comes to exotic coverages at least we’ll have the main guy teaching them to a hopefully younger and more athletic back 7

i do think his defensive scheme can work if you have athletic guys who can close really fast. When you have older guys it’s the easiest thing to dink and dunk

so here’s to hoping we get longer and faster so that the gaps are closed so quickly

Team does seem high on ringo, sidney, reed, and ricks. So he will have at least some young talent to try.

41 minutes ago, Daimonas said:

Team does seem high on ringo, sidney, reed, and ricks. So he will have at least some young talent to try.

Who knows when Sydney will be ready, he will at least miss all of the offseason which is crucial for installing a new defense, although this is a similar which should help but his development will be stunted either way, this might play like Brandon Graham's second season. We need two safeties. 

3 hours ago, Last Stand said:

I get it. Maybe Fangio is a bit safe for some people's taste, but I am down to go back to competency with a coach like Fangio rather than sweat out a completely new scheme/fresh DC. Don't think it would be a home run hire by any means, but I do think you could do a lot worse. Definitely need an infusion of youth on the back 7 though regardless of DC. 

Would have been excited about this last year. This offseason, I'm not so sure. I'm more concerned about the offense evolving than the defense, so hopefully Vic can just deliver something competent and average.

I miss Jim Johnson.

Edited by eagles91

What players on Defense does everyone think fit Fangio's system or what players wiill adapt new positions, etc. ?

IMO - 

RDE - Jalen Carter 
NT - Jordan Davis 
LDE - Graham/Sweat (Dont think either of these 2 fit a 3-4 IMO)

ROLB - Hassan Reddick/Nolan Smith 
RILB - Nakobe Dean/FA 
LILB - Draft/FA/Cunningham 
LOLB - Draft/FA/Nolan Smith 

1 minute ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

What players on Defense does everyone think fit Fangio's system or what players wiill adapt new positions, etc. ?

IMO - 

RDE - Jalen Carter 
NT - Jordan Davis 
LDE - Graham/Sweat (Dont think either of these 2 fit a 3-4 IMO)

RILB - Nakobe Dean/FA 
LILB - Draft/FA/Cunningham 

RDE - Jalen Carter / Fletcher Cox
NT - Jordan Davis / Noah Ellis
LDE - Milton Williams / Moro Ojomo

RILB - Nakobe Dean/FA 
LILB - Draft/FA/Shaun Bradley

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

RDE - Jalen Carter / Fletcher Cox
NT - Jordan Davis / Noah Ellis
LDE - Milton Williams / Moro Ojomo

RILB - Nakobe Dean/FA 
LILB - Draft/FA/Shaun Bradley

What about Sweat and or Graham (if resigned)

Also get BRADLEY TFO lol

Edited by IrishHooligan00

21 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

What about Sweat and or Graham (if resigned)

Also get BRADLEY TFO lol

Sweat and Graham can play OLB and come down to End when it makes sense.

nowadays though it all gets so varied, and defenses need to adapt

I think the eagles need to use a coach like fangio as an opportunity to get faster.

sweat will be fine. My hope is the eagles invest some assets into LB. I really would like them to resign CJGJ. He’s gonna be a free agent with Brian branch playing so well

the eagles can so easily rebuild their defense with this veteran of a coach. They just kinda have to do things they never do to do it lol