2024 Coaching Changes: Hiring Positional Coaches

Kiltman

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

Jevon Holland and Jalen Ramsey both seemed to really hate him. Two very good starters.

I haven’t seen Jalen Ramsey say something, but having said that Jalen Ramsey has been traded twice in his prime. So I wouldn’t consider him an authority on locker room culture.

i think Miami as a whole has seemingly a ton of questionable personalities.

people have had issues with Vic, people have had issues with Andy Reid. With bill belichick. I think it’s part of the job if you’re behaving like a coach and not like players friend. Like someone else I know who happens to be head coach

• Like 3

3 hours ago, downundermike said:

And a chunk of the players did not like him after 1 year.  Now he is walking into a players coach environment and is going to start holding them beyond accountable.  All I said is some players are not going to react well to that.

I would not be shocked if Graham and Cox do not return based on the hire.

I'd say the opposite from a personality standpoint with Graham, Cox I could see not wanting to..as well as not purely from a scheme standpoint.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I'd say the opposite from a personality standpoint with Graham, Cox I could see not wanting to..as well as not purely from a scheme standpoint.

My sentiments exactly. 

Brandon Graham seems like one of the few players who genuinely loves this city and this organization, being here through good times and bad. Cox I'm sure he overall liked it here over the years, but he's absolutely willing to make a business decision. 

20 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

I haven’t seen Jalen Ramsey say something, but having said that Jalen Ramsey has been traded twice in his prime. So I wouldn’t consider him an authority on locker room culture.

i think Miami as a whole has seemingly a ton of questionable personalities.

people have had issues with Vic, people have had issues with Andy Reid. With bill belichick. I think it’s part of the job if you’re behaving like a coach and not like players friend. Like someone else I know who happens to be head coach

Yeah, my thoughts on Ramsey too. Personally wouldn't use him as a north star on these things.

Plus as disorganized and undisciplined as the defense was last year, kinda need someone who is going to get it in shape.

We are at a page turning point on defense anyway, the only player I'd be worried about Fangio pissing off is Jalen Carter. Everyone else either can take a hike or needs some of that type of coaching.

Sweat, why do you disappear for weeks?
Jordan Davis, do you want to be the best NT in the league or JAG who lacks the stamina to do it?
Nakobe, are you gonna show up and do something?
Nolan, can you find your role?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah, my thoughts on Ramsey too. Personally wouldn't use him as a north star on these things.

Plus as disorganized and undisciplined as the defense was last year, kinda need someone who is going to get it in shape.

We are at a page turning point on defense anyway, the only player I'd be worried about Fangio pissing off is Jalen Carter. Everyone else either can take a hike or needs some of that type of coaching.

Sweat, why do you disappear for weeks?
Jordan Davis, do you want to be the best NT in the league or JAG who lacks the stamina to do it?
Nakobe, are you gonna show up and do something?
Nolan, can you find your role?

I agree with all this

i like Jordan Davis though. I like that he has accountability and I hope that he does something about it because first half of the season he was an absolutely dominant force against the run. The guy can be Vince wilfork if he works for it.

nolan smith was a casualty of not playing him imo. By the buccaneers loss I actually liked what he was doing. He really gets after it. Tbh I think he’s someone who under fangio might become something surprising

Sweat is frustrating. At times he’s been by far the best DLman on the team. He does it all. Other times he disappears completely and the team suffers for it, I know he has a really bum knee but I’m not sure that’s the reason 

I’ve given up on nakobe until proven otherwise. Good guy, but he’s undersized and made of glass

i really really like ringo. He looks like a starting CB out there and slay thinks so as well. I think ringo can be a cornerstone player here

jalen Carter is best defensive player in the league potential. I hope fangio brings out the best in him. I hope things like studying, accountability, hard work, tough reps actually improve him, because if they do the guy is dominant

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

We are interviewing Joe Barry for LB coach today and I think that would be a really solid hire. Wasn't a good DC, but was a good positional coach before that for sure.

I live hiring former coordinators and head coaches as position coaches.

13 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

So i seen Joe Brady is interviewing for BUF, Even w/ him being temp OC last season, Would it be possible to Interview him? 

Bcuz there are reports of BUF Interviewing others for OC...

He is gunna be the OC for the Bills.

5 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Weird that Holland was happy to see Fangio go. PFF graded him at a 65.5 in 2022, he then jumped to 90.4 in 2023 under Fangio. Not that PFF is the end-all-be-all, or that Fangio is solely responsible for his progress, but it sure is something.

Some people just hate when stuff is different